PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Didn`t look so Great? Maybe I messed up... Videos Anyone?

Pages : [1] 2

mystickid
08-09-2009, 01:18 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

I recently polished my car and also bought and applied Zaino on my car. I have a 98` Black Toyota Camry.

After polishing I Clayed with Z18, then ZAIO, and put 2 coats of ZFX`d Z5pro then Z2pro with z6 between each application. At the end of the day, my car doesn`t seem to shine amazingly as many photos i`ve seen on the Zaino website or some of details here at autopia.

Well yes the beauty is in the prep and I polished out swirls and scratches...

Well, I think it was how I applied it. I used it very sparingly as mentioned. I used the zaino cotton microfiber applicator with one thin line. However, when i would apply it it seemed like the, z5/z2 would immediately dissapear into the paint and then I wouldn`t see any residue as i wiped. It made me feel like I needed to put more polish. :nixweiss

I mean the car looks better than ever and it does shine but I`ve seen some amazing reflectivity on certain vehicles with Zaino.

Well, would any of you be so kind as to make a small and short little video of how you apply your Zaino Please.

I `ve read the instructions many times and also went over some click and brag threads but a video would be super helpful mate.

oops, forgot to mention that it didn`t bead water so magnificently either.

Prior to Zaino I had 2 coats of Natty`s blue with 2 coats of Megs #26 and it would bead and repel water crazy style. plus it was super rich deep black.

I wanna give it another go...something just didn`t add up.

hmmm...:sadpace:

Setec Astronomy
08-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Well, a lot of variables here. You polished out the swirls and scratches...how did the car look after that polishing, before the Zaino? If you didn`t have good gloss before the Z application...you`re not going to have it after.

I also find ZAIO to be very finicky. I generally use it by machine (which according to the blurb on the Zaino website, it was designed for hand application), and I find that if I use enough to feel like I`m not polishing with a dry pad, it tends to gum and film and be hard to remove from the surface. Could that be your problem? That you have "unbuffed" ZAIO on the car?

And your lack of beading is a little odd, Z2/Z5 bead like no other. ZCS seems to be a little less in the beading dept., but you didn`t mention that. It is difficult to get the Z2Pro to "disappear" upon application like my Z5 non-pro does, so that sounds a little odd also.

mystickid
08-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I know setec, it`s really quite strange to me too.

Yes, after polishing, my car had great depth and clarity. With my natty`s on there, it was beautiful.

wannafbody
08-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I mean the car looks better than ever and it does shine but I`ve seen some amazing reflectivity on certain vehicles with Zaino.>>

Did you do an IPA wipedown after polishing to remove any polsihing oils? That may be the issue with the loose beading.

If the car looks better than ever then it must look pretty good. You can`t compare your paint with some other car with a different color paint and think mine doesn`t have as much gloss, wetness or shine. That`s comparing apples to donuts.

wannafbody
08-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I mean the car looks better than ever and it does shine but I`ve seen some amazing reflectivity on certain vehicles with Zaino.>>

Did you do an IPA wipedown after polishing to remove any polishing oils? That may be the issue with the loose beading.

If the car looks better than ever then it must look pretty good. You can`t compare your paint with some other car with a different color paint and think mine doesn`t have as much gloss, wetness or shine. That`s comparing apples to donuts.

LQ9SS
08-09-2009, 04:21 PM
For black vehicles, I would only use Z5.

mystickid
08-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I did a dawn wash prior to zaino to remove my 2 coats of Natty`s Blue and Megs #26 but i`m not sure if that was enough.

I was seriously thinking about an IPA wipedown but didn`t go for it.

What`s the best way to remove my current zaino that`s on there guys?

DM101
08-10-2009, 04:22 AM
IPA wipe down will remove your current zaino.

mystickid
08-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks MDX,

Will it remove all 3 layers of zaino on a single wipedown? Does it have to be diluted?

Accumulator
08-10-2009, 10:36 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

I recently polished my car and also bought and applied Zaino on my car. I have a 98` Black Toyota Camry.... At the end of the day, my car doesn`t seem to shine amazingly as many photos i`ve seen on the Zaino website or some of details here at autopia....Prior to Zaino I had 2 coats of Natty`s blue with 2 coats of Megs #26 and it would bead and repel water crazy style. plus it was super rich deep black...

First off, I`d *NEVER* compare how a vehicle looks in person to how a(nother) vehicle looks in pics. Never. It`s just not reasonable due to all the, uhm...variables.

If you don`t like how it looks then it doesn`t look OK. If you do like how it looks then all is well.

Sounds to me like you simply prefer a different approach. #26 is one of the best LSPs out there for a specific type of look on black. And when it comes to beading/etc., different products are different and people have their prefernces.

But IMO the big thing is to quit comparing your car with pictures on the internet.

imported_ZimRandy
08-10-2009, 11:24 AM

Hi Guys,

I recently polished my car and also bought and applied Zaino on my car. I have a 98` Black Toyota Camry.

After polishing I Clayed with Z18, then ZAIO, and put 2 coats of ZFX`d Z5pro then Z2pro with z6 between each application. At the end of the day, my car doesn`t seem to shine amazingly as many photos i`ve seen on the Zaino website or some of details here at autopia.

Well yes the beauty is in the prep and I polished out swirls and scratches...

Just wondering, but you polish and then clay bar? Did the clay bar remove much?

Just curious as I thought most people clay before polishing out the defects? :confused: I don`t know if this is related to your problem, though.

mystickid
08-10-2009, 12:50 PM
well yes Zim,

I polished out the car about 3 weeks ago and had 4 coats of nuba on there.

i stripped the wax and did a zaino treatment expecting great things but my car only looked "ok" IMO.

mystickid
08-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I`m curious....When you guys apply z5 or z2, dooes your "polish" seem to immediately dissappear into the pain?

Like you won`t see any residue on the paint?

wannafbody
08-10-2009, 08:57 PM
I`m curious....When you guys apply z5 or z2, dooes your "polish" seem to immediately dissappear into the pain?

If you apply Zaino thin enough it is really difficult to see it haze. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes and it should be fine to buff off.

Zaino is going to have a different look than 26. 26 is opaque and darkens the paint. Zaino is clear and reflective and will look brighter. Look at Zaino at different times of the day. In the late afternoon/early evening Zaino will look very intense.

LQ9SS
08-10-2009, 10:54 PM

You don`t want to see the Zaino being applied. Apply it in very thin coats. What helps me is to work under a 500w halogen light. This will help prevent the possibility of over applying the Zaino. Like I mentioned before, I would just use Z5 for black vehicles. Z2 will take on a different look which to some people isn`t a good think. Apply 2 to 3 coats of Z5 and finish off with Z6 or Z8.