PDA

View Full Version : product research

krzdimond
08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I have been using products from Pinnacle, Adams and CG for about 3 years now. The issue is that I had left a bottle of Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish on the trailer and drove off:wall

Problem is that now I have to wait a week to get another bottle, and it will cost 50% more JUST to ship it. I have another "full" detail on Monday and NEED some more product NOW!! So, after looking around, I found a local paint supply shop, but they only carry 3M and Meguires products. My question is this: what 3M/Meguire product is comparable to the following products?

Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

Adams Swirl and Haze Remover

Adams Fine Machine Polish

CG Scratch and Swirl Buff

CG Cut 1.5

BTW, 2 weeks ago I used Meguires 105, 86, and buttery wax with good results. The 105 was a little "dusty" for my taste, but worked well.

I hate learning new products....... why can`t people just name all their stuff the same?;)

Anyway, if I can get it locally and save on shipping that would be the most cost effective way to do things, but in the end, if the Pinnacle, Adams, or the CG stuff is better- I will stick with them.

TIA

Robert

Kean
08-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi Robert,

There is a comparison chart from AutoGeek that may help you to determine which products have a similar level of cut:

Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm)

CG & Adams are not listed but hopefully this helps get you started on the answers you seek. As for other characteristic similarities, you may just need to start searching for reviews if no one chimes in with the answers. ....I haven`t used those products you mentioned so I couldn`t tell you.

Hanz_P
08-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi Robert,

There is a comparison chart from AutoGeek that may help you to determine which products have a similar level of cut:

Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm)

CG & Adams are not listed but hopefully this helps get you started on the answers you seek. As for other characteristic similarities, you may just need to start searching for reviews if no one chimes in with the answers. ....I haven`t used those products you mentioned so I couldn`t tell you.

Thanks for the Comparison Chart... Never saw this before and the information is really useful.

I`m about to do a detail tommorow and all the products are on the chart... i guess I`ll be going "105 (orange), 205 (grey) , Poorboys Black Hole Glaze (blue), then LSP by hand". Thank you!

krzdimond
08-07-2009, 06:50 PM
hank you Kean! The chart does help. I now know that the 3M is the most agressive followed by the pinnacle.