PDA

View Full Version : Need MF Specifically For Quick Detailing Spray

Pages : [1] 2

dschribs
08-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I`m looking to buy a few (under 5) MF`s specifically geared for wiping down a quick detaling spray (I use Quickshine). I spray down my show car at least once or twice once during a show if not more. I`ve been using a regular MF but I can`t help think that with all the specialized MF`s out there, there has to be one that is geared more towards removing a quick detaling spray.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would think it should be a very plush type towel since I don`t need any "cutting" ability to it. It will be strictly relegated to QD duty ONLY.

Thanks!

Dan

KG21
08-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I like to QD with the Cobra green shamrock towels. They are VERY plush. AG recently had them on BOGO so I picked up a couple to try and have been very pleased. I`ve used them for wax removal and QD buffing so far.

LQ9SS
08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
These towels are awesome along with any other towel from Danase:

Danase Extreme Plush Towel (http://danase.com/Microfiber-Towels/Danase-Extreme-Plush-Towel-p25.html)

imported_ZimRandy
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Eurow shag towels

Zaino blonde towels

Viking green towels

All of them work well with detail sprays for me.

Randy

RustyBumper
08-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I just picked up some premium Vroom brand towels at Target that are pretty nice. They`re on sale for two, eight count packs for $10.

wannafbody
08-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Older Viking green towels, Viking Red or gray towels, Autospa double sided, Zaino towel

Legacy
08-06-2009, 04:23 PM
IMO using a ultra plush towel to QD is wasting product. Using a low nap towel for the intial wipe and then use a plush for a final wipe works better.

BigAl3
08-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I would think it should be a very plush type towel since I don`t need any "cutting" ability to it. It will be strictly relegated to QD duty ONLY.

the eurow shag towel and viking plush detailing towel work well for QD`ing (and for wiping down scratch sensitive plastics/areas too)...

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/product_images/img/vik/872600.jpg

yOyOYoo
08-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Is it not appropriate to use a normal microfiber towel when quick detailing?

I`m such a newbie...

GoCubsGo
08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
I love CG`s Monster MFs for QD`ing (the plusher side for the paint and the other side for the overspray on the glass). I found the Eurow Shags a little too plush (if there is such a thing ;)).

BigAl3
08-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Is it not appropriate to use a normal microfiber towel when quick detailing?

you could.. but since you are QD`ing, there isn`t any need for a microfiber towel with alot of bite, since you are only picking up light dust, etc...

Dsoto87
08-06-2009, 11:54 PM
To be honest I like the thin Sonus Ultimate Detailing Towels for QDs. I only QD after a wash so I dont need an extra plush towel to gimme a little wiggle room with dust and dirt. I find that the more plush towels soak up way too much product.

ManiZ
08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I simply don`t get the push towards the "plushest possible" towel for QD`ing. You want a towel that`s just soft-enough to prevent marring but not so thick that every last drop of QD disappears into it immediately at the moment of contact. I don`t know about most of you, but I don`t cover every square inch of a panel with QD; the towel has to be able to sufficiently spread it around!

Gray Viking towel from Target does the job just fine for me.

Macruz19
08-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I use the green Viking MF, or my pakshak 16x16 MF towels.

ninobrn99
08-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Pakshak microfibers (http://www.pakshak.com/micro-fiber-towels.html) :)