PDA

View Full Version : pad washing

White lexus 23
08-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey everyone, I have been washing my pads in the washing machine and on a few of my meguiars pads the backing Velcro material is starting to come off. most of my other pads which include lake country and 3m are fine. I was wondering if anyone else on here washed them in the machine and was wondering what their method was. I was wondering if using maybe cold water would help but I am not sure. the only ones I have trouble with the backing coming off are the meguiars solo finishing pad and the old yellow soft buff polishing pads thank you in advance for your help.

Dan
08-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I have read about people having issues with washing machines and the meguiars pads, I spray down with Dawn PD, let soak in bucket and then rinse and dry the next day. The pads look like new.

White lexus 23
08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
i used to do that but the pads never come out as clean as they do when i use them in the machine.

MorBid
08-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I buy a gal of ZEP Heavy Duty Citrus Degreaser from Home Depot.

Put a couple oz of it in a gallon of water, drop the pads in and wring the solution through a couple of times then let soak. Sometimes overnight if I`m lazy.

Before taking them out I keep squeezing the solution through the pads until their clean then rinse.

I get even Optimum products out of my pads that way and that stuff is a nightmare to clean from pads.

That said not all pads are created equal. I`ve had some pads where the Velcro started coming off just taking the pads of the backing plate.

My better pads which I`ve own over a year (SCHLEGEL and LC) have held up to endless hand washings.

Envious Eric
08-04-2009, 09:47 PM
APC in the washer rather than liquid detergent!!!

APC gets them cleaner and detergent leaves them TOO soft!

White lexus 23
08-05-2009, 12:08 AM
is there any kind of glue i can use or anything to try to but the backing back on ?

White lexus 23
08-05-2009, 12:23 AM
is there any kind of glue i can use or anything to try to but the backing back on ?

BigAl3
08-05-2009, 02:33 AM
dawn power dissolver works great on cleaning pads, foam appliactors, etc...

DM101
08-05-2009, 06:00 AM
You can try Gorilla sp Glue. A little is all it takes.

imported_RZJZA80
08-05-2009, 07:10 AM
i throw my pads into a bucket of water with some simple green sprayed in there, I just rinse them off when I get a chance, sometimes a couple weeks later, come out brand new again

wascallyrabbit
08-05-2009, 07:19 PM
universal pad washer for me. quick and easy.