PDA

View Full Version : Can I wash microfiber towel with chenille wash mitt?

yOyOYoo
08-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Did a search but couldn`t find a straight answer.

can I wash various microfiber towels (drying towels, polishing towels, waffle weave towels, etc) with my chenille wash mitt?

can I use Tide detergent on cold gentle cycle?

btw, can I just toss these into the dryer after the wash?

thanks!

RustyBumper
08-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I try to wash my towels seperately. Drying towels get washed by themselves, door jamb towels by themselves, mitt gets hand washed by itself, etc. Also keep in mind that if they`re new, there may be some color bleeding that could stain your other towels.

gqmd
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM
I tried it one and got deposits from the wash mitt on my microfiber cloths. Now I always wash them seperately.

You should wash them seperately until you`re trying to be GREEN and saving water :)

DaGonz
08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
It`s not recommended. Chenille sheds like crazy, and microfibers are like a magnet for them!

yOyOYoo
08-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks, and sorry for the silly comments. I just wanted to machine wash since some of the towels and wash mitt are stained (from grime and dirt). They still feel soft, just stained dark black. I will wash separately.

Accumulator
08-04-2009, 11:15 AM
No need for a cold gentle cycle with MF. The more hotter the better IME and which cycle oughta be a matter of how aggressive a laundering they require.

yOyOYoo
08-04-2009, 02:31 PM
No need for a cold gentle cycle with MF. The more hotter the better IME and which cycle oughta be a matter of how aggressive a laundering they require.

so i assume these MF towels are fine in the dryer?

Accumulator
08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
so i assume these MF towels are fine in the dryer?

Yep. Well, unless your dryer is messed up. I never have any problems with mine.