PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Durango-I`m beat! Menzerna and Zaino

Pages : [1] 2

imp-gmblack3
11-19-2005, 11:49 PM
This is a very good friends of mine or should I say his wifes. He helped me thank god as it still took my rookie ashe 7 hours.

It has near 60k miles on it, but didn`t look too bad.

http://peachstateposse.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/bellabday/IMG_6936.sized.jpg

Some decent swirls in the paint all over:

http://peachstateposse.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/bellabday/IMG_6940.sized.jpg

Wash with dawn
APC 1-4 on wheel wells, black trim, tires and wheels.
Clayed with Zaino clay and body shine #49 as a lube
Menzerna IP w/ orange LC pad and PC x2 in some areas
Menzerna FPII w/ white LC pad and PC
3 coats of Z2 pro w/ ZFX and Z8 between each coat
Finished it off with Z8.

http://peachstateposse.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/bellabday/IMG_6946.sized.jpg

http://peachstateposse.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/bellabday/IMG_6948.sized.jpg

http://peachstateposse.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/bellabday/IMG_6949.sized.jpg

Got the pics when it was still light out, then dressed everything up. Also vac the interior, clean everything with APC 1-6 then 303 protectant. EI 20/20 on glass. He is gonna use some leatherique on the seats next w/e.

His wife was very happy.

He then called me to say that it rained on them on the way home. :(

AZ Ferrari Man
11-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Great work! Not such a rookie from the results! :cool: Almost looks a different color. By the way how did you like the Zaino and layering it?

P.S. I have been detailing for awhile and I am still a rook (always learnin) so 7 hrs shouldn`t get you down, I took 6hr today with a buddys truck. :beer_smil
Andrew:

Hawaiianelement
11-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Nice clean up man. The reason it took you 7 hrs is because you got a good eye for detailing. Its a gift ..LOL

imp-gmblack3
11-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Great work! Not such a rookie from the results! :cool: Almost looks a different color. By the way how did you like the Zaino and layering it?

Andrew:

Thanks Andrew! I have been using zaino for about 4 years, but just got a PC last month. Zaino is very easy to use. I always put it on super thin, so thin that its hard to see untill it hazes over. I apply it to the entire car then remove. IMO when I put it on thicker, there is no gain in shine, its just harder to remove.

I would like to try some natty`s blue over the zaino, especially on a dark color like this. Just need to order some soon.

GregCavi
11-20-2005, 12:31 AM
hell of a job!! Really looks sharp!

Greg

imp-gmblack3
11-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Nice clean up man. The reason it took you 7 hrs is because you got a good eye for detailing. Its a gift ..LOL

Thanks!

My arms feeling like they are going to fall off must be some kind of gift too. :surrender

imp-gmblack3
11-20-2005, 12:34 AM
hell of a job!! Really looks sharp!

Greg

Thanks Greg! :beer_smil

bigron62
11-20-2005, 01:03 AM
nice job ... very deep

cwcad
11-20-2005, 08:35 AM
How do you get a detail like this in seven hours? It takes that long on a Ford focus for me and I usually miss something. :redface:

LOL, I always marvel at what can be done in any period of time. Some short. Some long. It looks like the job was well spent as far as time is concerned. Very nice look!!

Have used both products but am still trying to produce results such as yours!!

imp-gmblack3
11-20-2005, 09:32 AM
How do you get a detail like this in seven hours? It takes that long on a Ford focus for me and I usually miss something. :redface:

LOL, I always marvel at what can be done in any period of time. Some short. Some long. It looks like the job was well spent as far as time is concerned. Very nice look!!

Have used both products but am still trying to produce results such as yours!!

Thanks! I did tear up some pads with this one. I`ll try and post pics later today of the damage.

I still think its too long.

Some of these guys here knock out something like this in 6 hours and thats will a full detail on the interior. Like I said the owner of the durango did help. He removed each product that I applied with the PC. But we did remove the roof racks from each side and tape all the trim and door handles up too.

EDIT It should say Z6 between each coat of Z2pro, Z8 was used at the end.

SilverLexus
11-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Gmblack,

It`s great to see a fellow Atlantan on the board. Welcome aboard! :)

imp-gmblack3
11-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Gmblack,

It`s great to see a fellow Atlantan on the board. Welcome aboard! :)

Thanks Lee! :beer_smil

mgm2003
11-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Nice clean up on the Durango! I just love the Menzerna look!

CBlakeNS
11-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Looks good, nice work!!

harry444
11-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Real nice job some advice don`t top Z2PRO with natty`s first off you won`t see a differance 2nd you can`t layer Zaino anymore after you put Natty`s on it so you lose the protection factor of the zaino. With the old Z2 a layer of Nattys would really give you a wet shine but like I said with the new Z2PRO little or no differance have a great turkey day :eat: