PDA

View Full Version : LC Flat vs LC CCS Technology

dschribs
07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
To those of you who have used both LC Flat and the newer CCS technology pads, which one`s do you like better. Has anyone found any downside to the CCS "cells" LC has in their 5.5" pads now??

Thanks!

RaskyR1
07-31-2009, 01:42 PM
I have both and prefer the flat.

This is only in theory, but if you are using the CCS pads with a diminishing abrasive I would think that the polish would break down unevenly as some of the polish stays up in those pockets, which could result in micro marring. I would also think this would increase the amount of buffing time needed to fully break down the polish.

Just my $.02

Flashtime
07-31-2009, 02:08 PM
I`ll be getting the flat pads but the CCS has been working fine for me.

But i do make sure that there isn`t excess product in the pockets; a few

quick dabs does it. Or a simple wipe. Have to agree that it is gimmicky...

wannafbody
07-31-2009, 02:12 PM
The CCS pads work great with water based polishes such as ZPC. The flat pads probably work better with more traditional products.

OCKlasse
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
I like the flats better personally.

BigAl3
07-31-2009, 02:51 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/113427-do-you-prefer-lake-country-flat-ccs-pads.html

imported_RZJZA80
08-01-2009, 04:21 AM
I guess I`m in the minority here because I don`t like the flat pads all that much. They crush and flatten down quickly, and tend to splatter a little more than the CCS pads. I`ve only used the flat orange ones that you can get like 20 of them in a bundle from autogeek, you guys may be talking about something else.

wfedwar
08-01-2009, 10:23 AM
CCS tends to increase working time, for obvious reasons. If you want that, it`s a good thing. It really depends on the polish for me.

scary bill
08-02-2009, 01:15 AM
I use a few of both in my workshop. The CCS white pads are my go to for rotary polishing my trucks. I have found no issues with them. I can get a holo free finish with them used with OP, but I always follow with finish polish. I have a black ccs, I almost never use it.

For the finish polish I use blue flat pads usually with UF.

The orange ccs is not my friend, as it seems to hard to control with a rotary. It also heats a panel fast. The low-pro orange pads (5.5") are not nearly as bad, I use them for spot correction and any PC work.

Cleaning Fool
08-02-2009, 04:49 AM
In the 4" class I prefer flat. The CCS seem to collapse quickly once the pad gets the primed with polish. The 5.5 or 6.5 CCS doesn`t seem to have this issue.