PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s #26 Professional Hi-Tech Yellow Wax - Question...

AGR
11-19-2005, 03:15 PM
A friend of mine referred me to this wax for my red Frontier. He showed me a Ford Lighting that had it applied. It was amazing! Very deep shine!

Anyway; Is this used like any other wax; whereas you apply it to the entire car, let it completely dry, and polish it off? I ask this because that is the only way, I have ever applied a wax (or polish). But; reading the container; it says to apply to one section at a time. Am I reading too much into that?

Thanks!!

travisdecpn
11-19-2005, 03:19 PM
You can probably get away with doing the whole truck since the temperature is cooler now. The wax will probably take a little while to haze and be sure to use the swipe test (drag MF towel across hazed wax to see if it comes off easily) before trying to reomve it all from a panel.

Mad iX
11-20-2005, 10:59 PM
#26 does have a really deep look, but can be hard to remove.
You have to wait for it to haze before you buff it off, but if left too long it can a PITA.
I would recommend applying up to 3 panels at a time and doing the swipe test constantly.

harry444
11-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I have used yellow 26 and what I like to do is top it off with Natty`s I put 2 coats of natty`s on top of the 26 try it you will love the way it comes out ! :yes:

lonewolf0420
11-21-2005, 02:00 PM
I was a long time user of #26. I went over the whole car and then buffed off. Never had a problem. Its harder to remove on a hot surface so make sure the car body is cool. I switched back to NXT Tech, I found it gave a bit deeper shine and #26 gives a more slick wet look, but they are both great waxes. I wanna try Natty`s next.

AGR
11-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey Guys! Great input! Much appreciated!

Applying and removing the #26 was really easy. I did it all in the garage. And; it is quite cool here. Actually; Ideal weather for detailing.

I started with the roof. And; then, I did the hood. Then the front fenders, and forward doors. I just took my time. I then buffed the roof and hood. It came right off. Actually; I was kind of surprised how easily it did. Then; I just went backwards, finishing at the tailgate. I even did the door jams when I was finished.

Maybe; it was because, I did the Clay Bar earlier in the morning. And; by the way; the "Clay Magic" seems to be a great product. No troubles! And; remember, this was the first time, I have ever used a clay bar. I used only half of the bar. So; the other half didn`t even get touched.

I can honestly say; I have never put quite so much effort into a wax job before. And; I`m 51 years old! Don`t get me wrong, though. I have used the Meguiar`s 3 step, and have always kept my vehicles looking good. But; using a clay bar added a new dimension. :yes: And, man; you can feel the difference!

Next; my Wife`s Protege ES gets the clay bar treatment, and some new wax. It`s silver. So; it should be pretty easy. Always is!

Natty`s, I have not used before. But; I am thinking about getting some Poor Boy`s for next time. I was home today (took a vacation day). I guess I could have added another coat of #26 to my Frontier. But; quite frankly, yesterday`s detailing whipped my butt!! `Just resting today. :beer_smil

The Meguiar`s tire spray (Hot Shine Tire Coating) is okay. The tires have a nice wet look (maybe a bit wetter looking than, I prefer). I would rather use a gel with the foam applicator. But; I don`t even see it on Meguiar`s website anymore.