PDA

View Full Version : Is my ONR too old.... or just my imagination

nighttraingirl
07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey all,

I finally did a real ONR wash on my truck on Monday. I am not sure what to think. I have had this bottle of ONR for like two years. I have just used it for clay lube pretty much... It` not blue anymore, it`s now brown. So I wonder if it has lost it`s effectiveness. Anyhow, I lost some $ in the coin op (I don`t have a hose available) till I found a bay that actually gave me clean water.

Then when I got down to business, using a grout sponge, it almost hurt to wash my truck like that. It didn`t feel right. It felt, for lack of a better word, squeaky. I loaded up the sponge so much I barely had any wash water left in the bucket when I was done. I was using a five gallon bucket with the appropriate amount of ONR.

I am not sure if it was because my truck was so dirty... no caked on dirt, but just not washed for a long long time, or what. I sort of wish I had brought my sheepskin mitt up with me, but I didn`t.

Do you think my ONR is outdated, or am I just being paranoid?

NTGirl

BigAl3
07-29-2009, 06:53 PM
some have reported their ONR had turned brown as well, but it didn`t hurt or affect the performance. if you don`t want to use the GS, i was at target and noticed they have a small two sided sponge with one side being microfiber and the other with the muppet head type strands...

nighttraingirl
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
LOL @ muppet head strands..... I know what you mean. But I never heard anyone put it that way. I think ScottWax uses those type of mitts. I think I would try my sheepskin mitt next, that I have always used with any other car wash or shampoo.... I just wondered if it was the grout sponge or the ONR. I had a feeling it was the sponge. It was just awful to feel that much resistance between that sponge and the paint. But I wanted to try it... Everyone else had such good results.

Mark77
07-29-2009, 10:33 PM
I am a bit hesitant to use a GS with ONR also, I use a Chenille covered pad..

As for it turning brown, don`t worry It should be fine to use it.. The new version doesn`t turn brown, is a bit slicker and smells nice also..

titsataki
07-30-2009, 09:41 AM
same here. I had a gallon of ONR that turned brown. I thought it was because I left it in the garage during the winter (it does get about to 40F in the cold. the next gallon I bought did not act like that plus the smell was much nicer.

I never saw any diminished result in the cleaning ability.

I use a MF mitt.

cheers

Nick

nighttraingirl
07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
I will try my regular sheepskin mitt next time. I don`t really think the ONR is outdated, either. It felt pretty slick. Maybe I am just not a grout sponge person. LOL.

BigAl3
07-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Maybe I am just not a grout sponge person. LOL.

not everyone is, and as long as whatever wash media you use doesn`t scratch or cause any damage, that`s all that matters... :2thumbs: