PDA

View Full Version : Help Cleaning 07 HHR seats (please)

smittysawd
07-29-2009, 04:43 PM
My sister has a 2007 Chevy hhr, she has all cloth seats, beige in color and they will not come 100 percent clean, they have water spots like no other. I have never come across a car interior that i cant get to come clean until now. She bought a McCullough heavy duty steamer because she thought it may clean them up. I told her it was prolly a bad idea to use it on them and im waiting to see what you guys say, didn`t want here making them worse. Any Idea`s?????

SEATS ARE DRIVING ME NUTS.. :think:

Please leave some feedback.

-SMITTY-

citizen arcane
07-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Welcome to Autopia!

My wife`s truck has cloth seats that are prone to water stains as well. If the seats are clean and you just want to rid them of water marks, this is what I do:

Clear water in a sprayer and wet the seats about evenly without saturating them. Then a damp white terry cloth wiped in the same direction, add a fan in the cabin to circulate air and dry as quickly as possible.

If dirty use Folex sprayed in the same manner and use a soft brush to lightly agitate, damp terry towel, then an extractor w/ clear water (I use a Bissel LGM) - if no extractor spray w/ clear water then wet/dry vac and add the fan.

I don`t have any experience w/ a steamer but imagine it would do a fine job.