PDA

View Full Version : The new California Jelly Blade

Anthony A
11-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Was in Walmart today and seen the new Water Blade. it is called the California Jelly Blade. Same blade as before but the handle is much different. The handle is now made of the same material as the blade. It flexes with the blade to mold to the surface area you are trying to dry. It`s pretty cool. Also you don`t have to worry about the handle scratching the paint if you drop the blade on the car.

Personally I only use the blade for windows but I bought the new Jelly Blade for the safety of the soft handle. I have dropped my original Water Blade on the paint before and caused some marring that I needed to correct.

cwcad
11-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Interesting idea. Am always careful when using a water blade. can see that marring could occur if dropped.

To bad it is in Walmart. That is one store that I never purchase anything from.

TrueDetailer
11-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I`ll have to go and check it out, maybe pick one up. One of my employees loves to use the water blade. Only downside is that it doesn`t work to well on some cars.

Cwcad, Whats up with you and walmart?

joe.p
11-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Interesting idea. Am always careful when using a water blade. can see that marring could occur if dropped.

To bad it is in Walmart. That is one store that I never purchase anything from.

spoken like a true union man.

3Dog
11-21-2005, 10:18 AM
TOL is carries it now.

sharpie
11-21-2005, 03:26 PM
not to hijack the thread but how many of you guys use the water blade?

mgm2003
11-21-2005, 04:03 PM
I tried it one time. Now it`s used to wipe down the shower.

Hawaiianelement
11-21-2005, 04:56 PM
i use a blade most of the time

AGR
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM
I use the California Water Blade. I always rinse it first, though; just to make sure nothing is on it. I like it! Really cuts down on drying time!

For drying; I am using one of those new Microfiber towels (blue), that Target sells. Works Nice. It`s big, too. It was $8.00. :drunk:

Jngrbrdman
11-21-2005, 05:17 PM
If it is used properly then it is just as safe as any towel. Mine is pretty much only used for windows these days, but with the cold weather setting in and drying becoming a bit of an issue, I`ll probably be breaking out the blade again. I`m going to go looking for this jelly blade. Sounds like a nice upgrade.

AGR
11-21-2005, 05:22 PM
I`m going to go looking for this jelly blade. Sounds like a nice upgrade.

Agreed!! Plus; we need a decent squeege for the main shower! I can move my old one indoors just for that purpose. The last one, my Wife bought is so stiff, it does little good! :beer_smil