PDA

View Full Version : ozone generator advice

highestgrade
07-27-2009, 08:56 AM
I`m Interested to purchase an ozone generator, i`ve read it`s very effective on odors, mold & bacteria. I`m into the auto a/c repair & service business & was thinking if I aquire an ozone generator I could offer a shock treatment interior disinfecting service which is a common odor problem due to mold buildup within the a/c vents, evaporator leakage, unkept interior etc.

I need advice on how effective these machines are & if the deodorisation is truly long lasting or even permanent, also, a recommended unit purchase. I`m looking for a unit that can deodorise a vehicle`s interior in 15-30 minutes, & good after sales service. I was looking at Jenesco Pro-44 not sure, PLEASE HELP.

highestgrade
07-27-2009, 04:11 PM
bump bump bump

highestgrade
07-28-2009, 10:27 AM
chime in help

BobD
07-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I`d recommend renting one to try before purchasing one. I have seen some of them react to certain cleaning chemicals and cause fabric to stain/bleach.

imported_RZJZA80
07-28-2009, 11:16 AM
I use a portable one in my car, and they definitely work. My cologne is gone on a drive of more than 15 minutes with the windows rolled up with it on. It gets rid of any smell that`s for sure, although I don`t know if they`re all created equally.

For you it may not work, it will clean while it`s on and that will last a little while but it needs to stay on to be effective.

BobD
07-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I use a portable one in my car, and they definitely work. My cologne is gone on a drive of more than 15 minutes with the windows rolled up with it on. It gets rid of any smell that`s for sure, although I don`t know if they`re all created equally.

For you it may not work, it will clean while it`s on and that will last a little while but it needs to stay on to be effective.

I`m not sure if you`re talking about the same thing. An Ozone Generator you won`t want to leave on while you`re in the car.

imported_Shaun Carollo
07-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Bought mine from here OzoneSolutions.com - Ozone Generators, Ozone Sensors, Ozone Injection Systems (http://www.ozonesolutions.com/) . Spent about $600 I think on this one 2,600 mg/hr Ozone Machine (http://www.ozonesolutions.com/OMZ-2600-HF.html) and it seems to do the job, but not in 15 minutes. I don`t think anything that will work that fast at those concentrations will be good for any car interior. Just my opinion.

imported_RZJZA80
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
well the one I have uses a UV light as it draws the air in to ionize it or whatever it does, I thought that was the same as an ozone machine? IF not, disregard, because mine is safe to have on and there`s big version for inside your home.

highestgrade
07-29-2009, 06:13 AM
how intense of mg/hr will i need to deodorise a vehicle & how long should the treatment last?

Showroom Shine
07-29-2009, 06:58 AM
Go to Mobileworks.com. They just recently have been discussing Ozone machines. There are 2 types they talked about. I have one I bought from DetailKing. It`s not the one with the UV lights. I read that they were safer,I don`t know enough about the machines yet. Mine works fine for removing smoke and other odors. I have run it as little as an hour and removed heavy cigarette smoke. I payed all most $500 for mine! I searched and checked into what I wanted to use it for. I have read that they can harm electrical wiring if too strong! I think you`ll find what you need at Mobileworks!

PhatHoodDetail
07-29-2009, 08:15 AM
really need to do your homework on this 1, most ozone machines split the oxygen into 2 molecules( i forgot what they r called like m1 and o2 or something) but very lethal and it kills any living organism due to lack of oxygen. Since alot of stuff needs oxygen u can or should only use it inside a vehicle for no more that 20 minutes. If u do, u take a chance on the corroding the wiring. i have a $900 ozone machine from rightlook and let a friend use it for his house, he wanted to get rid of a dog odor from a previous owner i told him try 2 hrs 1st then we will go from there. Well he let it run all night and it was 6 ft from his daughter`s laptop and now he says it doesnt work. it begged me please dont tell his wife lol. Also dont forget to clean the source of the odor to get the full benefit from your machine

heatgain
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
I was an HVAC contractor for 20 years and can tell you that the UV units are better (safer).

I can also tell you that you first have to clean the source of the odor, then use the unit.

UV has been around for decades in the A/C world but I`m guessing the portable UV units will cost more than the corona discharge units, although I can`t think of a reason why.