PDA

View Full Version : Gilmour Foam Gun vs. Pump and Spray Mister

N54power
07-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Which do you prefer and why?

Durddy
07-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Which do you prefer and why?

I think they are for serving 2 different purposes. The foam gun is for applying a soapy mixture to your entire vehicle as either a pre-soak or to have a constant flowing mix under your mitt/sponge while cleaning.

The sprayers are more for applying products that do not require a mix of product and water. People use them for their wheel cleaners, or for degreasrse, etc. Though some people fill the sprayers with ONR and use them on the entire vehicle as a pre-soak.

Accumulator
07-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah, what Durddy said :xyxthumbs

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia to you both!

steve330
07-27-2009, 12:13 PM
I use the Gilmour foam gun, at not very high water pressures in my area. I mix it 50/50 with Snow foam and Meguiars gold class shampoo. Works a treat - not clinging for long like the proper stuff, but it does get 90% of the dirt off without touching the paintwork - which to me is a good thing. A very light wipe over with a lambswool mitt finishes the job.

Oh, and a purified water rinse and the car looks awesome!

DM101
07-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I like to Gilmour pump sprayer with a ONR mix to clean my car. My car never sees rain. I apply a heavy soak of onr and wipe off. Wring out the MF towel as I go. Works for me.

Thats Fresh
07-27-2009, 04:30 PM
yeah each has its own purpose. should really have both. foam gun for presoak/coverage. sprayer for spot treatment