PDA

View Full Version : LSP order

tnforever
07-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Hey all, a quick thought that jumped on my mind just now

On the whole I have three "quick" products that I use for my maintenance washes, but sometimes I have a little free time to layer another coat, but I`m wondering whether there`s compatibility issues among them.

Right now I`m using AW, TW Platinum paste, and some kind of Meg`s QW, but I`m always uncertain what order I should layer (any 2 of) them in, or if in fact they`re layerable at all and I`d just be wasting my time removing the old layer by applying a new product over an old one.

If anyone could shed some light on whether it`s worthwhile I`d appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

Accumulator
07-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I don`t use any of those products, but I`d be surprised if stuff like the AW and QW actually layer in a meaningful way. Likwise, I doubt they`d have any detrimental effect on anything you apply after a wash.

Still, as the saying goes- "the best way to get that just-waxed look is to wax your car".

So I`d just wax it with [whatever] and I`m confident it`ll be better than not having done so.

tnforever
07-28-2009, 10:13 PM
I always apply some kind of protection after a wash anyway, my question meant to ask whether I`m just wasting my time applying more than one of the products I mentioned.

I was mainly concerned whether applying AW on top of wax will remove the wax

I suppose I`ll save my energy and just use one then

Accumulator
07-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Ah,OK, now I follow. I doubt that the AW would strip/compromise anything that`s under it.