PDA

View Full Version : How do I find an honest, professional detailer in Miami, FL?

LadyChristina
07-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I have been wanting a full detailing of my car for the longest time. I find the local car washes to basically be people who want you in and out ASAP, paying little attention to detail. I also find that as a woman, and one who drives a BMW, I feel as if I am being taken advantage of ie: over charging. As my car is 7 years and 138,000 miles old, I am not wealthy!

I would like a full wash, polish, clay, wax, inside out job. Can anyone direct me to a reputable, knowledgeable and prideful person?

Or give me an idea of what a job like this will cost?

Many thanks!

Krees D Qban
07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
I wouldnt exactly call "the local car washes" of Miami "Detailing Experts" lol. Would love to help, but I dont know of anybody as I do my own car but recently broke my PC :bawling::bawling::bawling: and am doing everything by hand.... (i know, I know)

I recommend asking around and staying away from "local car washes" and asking people who they trust, try reputable body shops like Doral Collision, or other places in your area:bigups

David Fermani
07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
It`s definately going to be challenging to find someone reputable, knowledgeable & prideful to do an inexpensive detail on a 7 year old/138,000 vehicle. Beware of the people who will charge low prices. Depending on your budget and needs, it really sounds like a $500-$700 job, if not more.

LadyChristina
07-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Im not looking for cheap, Im looking for fair. I understand that quality is worth a decent price, and believe me I know how hard you guys work. Ive seen some awesome jobs before.

Do pros` usually charge by the hour, or by size and specific work required?

Less
07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
One thing you might want to consider is doing the wash, clay, wheels, interior, and trim dressing yourself. You could do most of that with about $30 worth of products, some of which you may already have.

Then bring it to a pro detailer and just pay by the hour for polishing/swirl removal. He`ll probably want to do a quick wash first, and you should let him. But after that, take the polished car home and then wax it up yourself.

If you don`t want to do that, you`ll need to get some referrals. You can post something in the regional forums here and then check through the Click & Brag`s posted by the detailers who reply. Or you could just ask some people you know locally to recommend someone.

Check with the chamber of commerce, or Better Business Bureau in your area. If you find a detailer whose been a member of one or both of those groups for some time, and is in good standing, then there`s a good chance they have their act together.

David Fermani
07-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Im not looking for cheap, Im looking for fair. I understand that quality is worth a decent price, and believe me I know how hard you guys work. Ive seen some awesome jobs before.

Do pros` usually charge by the hour, or by size and specific work required?

Do you have an idea of what a "fair" price should be?

I charge by the job, not by the hour. It`s based on the condition of your vehicle and how extensive you`re willing to go.

In my case, the prices won`t change if you prep the car yourself. Many times, it ends up creating more work for me.

Envious Eric
07-27-2009, 08:37 PM
In my case, the prices won`t change if you prep the car yourself. Many times, it ends up creating more work for me.

Same here!!!

Mr.Cool
07-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Same here!!!

+1

I Dont know anybody in Miami, But i do know somebody in Broward - Sunrise area if it helps.

MarcHarris
07-27-2009, 10:17 PM
never mind that.

Do it once - do it right. Have David make the trip down (or make the trip up to him) and have him work his magic. It`ll be 7 years and nearly 140k miles but pretty damn new.

If he can`t - you`re lucky: there are lots of good detailers in Florida if you`re willing to travel/pay for travel costs.