PDA

View Full Version : Have you used Optimum`s New Polishes?

SuperBee364
07-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks to a generous Autopian, I have an 8 oz. sample bottle of Optimum Finish Polish that I`m anxious to try. Unfortunately, I still have to wait a few more weeks before I`m cleared to resume polishing.

So I`m wondering what you guys all think of the *new* Optimum abrasive polishes. M105, M205, and even D151 have kinda stolen the thunder from Optimum`s new products.

Does anyone know if these really are non-diminishing abrasives?

How do they compare to M105 and M205?

Any other info about these would be great.

Too bad some vendor doesn`t sell sample sizes of the Optimum polishes like ADS does with Megs. Or do they? Anyone know of a vendor selling small sample sizes of Optimum`s polishes?

Links to other threads that have info about these polishes are welcome, too. I`m gonna start looking for some right now...

imported_Detailing Technology
07-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Im also looking for a comparison on these products. Good post.

Dsoto87
07-26-2009, 11:28 AM
I used the optimum finish. It has a really long working time and does add to an already "perfect" finish, BUT, its pretty damn hard to remove.

BTW, autogeek carries the 8oz sizes I believe.

Super I have OP II and OC II if you haven`t already tried them. They work and work well but since I`m a DA user, M105/205 work better/faster.

Edit: in comparison I would say nothing comes close to m105. OC is in between m105 and m205. M205 is around the same as OP. OF is way less agressive than m205, so ofcourse its better for softer paints where m205 may not finish perfectly, or for burnishing

Setec Astronomy
07-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, as Dsoto said, AG sells 8oz sizes of most Optimum stuff.

Bigpikle
07-26-2009, 02:55 PM
only just started using the Finish, but had NO issues with removal...really surprised to read that. Easy to use, leaves a very nice finish. Hard to give a direct comparison right now, but impressed enough to keep using them a lot more.

getcha
07-26-2009, 03:18 PM
I have used the new Optimum polish II. I was thinking about purchasing the new Finish polish but 85RD still does it for me.

The new Opt Polish II is still very good in the sun and to me(and this is hard to explain) they seem to work and fit a lot better with intermediate pads(green comes to mind) than the old versions. I bought a small amount of the original OPT polish and never really thought twice about it. The new OPT PII is very nice, cuts better and is still very workable, just like the old.

Comparing 205 to OPT finish is sorta like comparing 2 types of apples to me. I personally only use OPT right now as a 1 step polish usually on a green or white pad. With my experience with 205 right now, on soft paints that are of a dark color, I personally would be more likely reach for OPT polish over 205 just because a couple of cases I had to follow up 205 anyway when I had not intended to or expected too. I have read that sometimes 205 works a little strange with certain pads, and when time is of the essence I probably do not want to risk screwing around if I cant get 205 to finish correctly just because of that situations weather, pad, paint or whatever else..

The new optimum polishes are much improved from the old versions, considering the work they do and the finishes they provide, not to mention the still fantastic prices I was happy to add them to my list.

SuperBee364
07-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info, guys.

Dsoto87, I`ve already tapped you for way too much stuff! :D

SuperBee364
07-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I have used the new Optimum polish II. I was thinking about purchasing the new Finish polish but 85RD still does it for me.

The new Opt Polish II is still very good in the sun and to me(and this is hard to explain) they seem to work and fit a lot better with intermediate pads(green comes to mind) than the old versions. I bought a small amount of the original OPT polish and never really thought twice about it. The new OPT PII is very nice, cuts better and is still very workable, just like the old.

Comparing 205 to OPT finish is sorta like comparing 2 types of apples to me. I personally only use OPT right now as a 1 step polish usually on a green or white pad. With my experience with 205 right now, on soft paints that are of a dark color, I personally would be more likely reach for OPT polish over 205 just because a couple of cases I had to follow up 205 anyway when I had not intended to or expected too. I have read that sometimes 205 works a little strange with certain pads, and when time is of the essence I probably do not want to risk screwing around if I cant get 205 to finish correctly just because of that situations weather, pad, paint or whatever else..

The new optimum polishes are much improved from the old versions, considering the work they do and the finishes they provide, not to mention the still fantastic prices I was happy to add them to my list.

Great information, getcha, thanks! Really good stuff re: 205 vs OPTII.

Kean
07-28-2009, 03:02 PM
....I still have the older version of the Opt Polish I haven`t finished but went ahead placed an order last week for the Opt Polish II and Finish. I will be correcting minor scratches on my black `03 WRX which has relatively soft paint. I`m anxious to see how well these do.

Scottwax
07-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Optimum still doesn`t have anything as aggressive as #105 but other than that, the new polishes are excellent. Really good finish via DA or rotary. Haven`t had any issues with holograms using Optimum Finish with my Dewalt.

Pats300zx
07-28-2009, 06:00 PM
I love the new Optimum polish. Very long working time and has a decent cut. I find it much better than the old version.