PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Dodge Ram 4x4

alexjn1
07-25-2009, 03:31 PM
OK here is my first attempt at detailing my own vehicle. I am new at this so things were touch and go between me being nervous and new at using power tools on paint.:eek: :shocked

I did this on Wednesday but was unable to take pictures until today. I touched up with crystal mist before taking pictures.

Sorry I do not have any before pictures I was too caught up in the moment. I did learn a few things from this experience besides needing more practice.

1) I thought my truck (bought used) was a darker color but once I got all of the grime off it the paint flecks started coming out. :grinno:

2) There are a bunch of scratches that were hidden under the grime. :wall :angry That will have to be a job for a pro so please ignore the scratches in the photos; if that is even possible.

I did not touch up the photos on the computer I only resized them.

Items Used:

Pinnacle Body Wash Shampoo

Pinnacle Clay and Lubricant

PC 7424

Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover (Orange LC pad)

Pinnacle Finishing Polish (White LC Pad)

Pinnacle Souveran Wax (Blue LC Pad)

Yes… The nervous newbie went with a kit to get started (to help build confidence) before experimenting. :nervous2:

All helpful information is appriciated; good or bad don`t be shy about it, it will help me learn. Thanks for looking

GlossyTundra
07-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Looks killer man!

One tip, you will want to put on a sealant before Souveran. Souveran wont last but a few weeks on a daily driven car. I like Klasse All In One or UPP before Souveran.

alexjn1
07-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the sealant tip.

I see alot of post talking about and using it so I guess I had better do some reading and research.

unclejud49348
07-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Hey great job! But next time try to take some before pics so we can compare a before and after. Looks really good.