PDA

View Full Version : Paintless dent removal?

2StepsAhead
07-25-2009, 02:26 PM
I dont know which section to put this in ... but are there dents too small for this to work? Someone opened their car door and me and left a ripple, its hard to notice and/or capture by camera...Ill try again at night with a hand held light source.

But does anyone here do paintless dent removal or know enough about to know if theres dents small enough that theres not much you can really do unless body work is involved?

tmg19103
07-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Ripples or small V shaped dents are tough to do via PDR. Ideal is your typical round ding - not matter how small. Those are easy. If you can hardly see this ripple I would not bother. I know how I notice everything on my car, but most people don`t. A good PDR guy may be able to improve it or even remove it, but you will have to talk to an experienced PDR guy in person who can look at it.

Barry Theal
07-25-2009, 05:24 PM
post a picture! I can get out almost 95% of all door dings even creased! post a picture Ill tell ya. try and get the camera looking down the panel.

mborner
07-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Most PDR guys can spot even a small ding from a mile away. They have a trained eye. I`ve had dents removed by PDR and they are removed completely. Could not tell they were ever there. Impressive. Keep in mind, though, there are instances where PDR is not possible.

2StepsAhead
07-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I tried taking a pic...its very faint in the pics...I cant capture it unless maybe I take a video or maybe a pic with a flash light to it to show the refractions.

Less
07-28-2009, 11:05 AM
What can someone expect to pay for PDR? I have a 3-month old car that got caught in a hail storm (yeah, in JULY!!) and now I have about 10-15 small round dents, all a bit smaller than a dime.

None of them have broken through the paint and most are on the hood.

Can this be done for under $200?

Kean
07-28-2009, 02:32 PM
post a picture! I can get out almost 95% of all door dings even creased! post a picture Ill tell ya. try and get the camera looking down the panel.

^^^^^ ....an experienced PDR tech can do wonders with creases/dents you would think might be impossible to fix. The trick is finding a good one.

Dan
07-28-2009, 03:25 PM
^^^^^ ....an experienced PDR tech can do wonders with creases/dents you would think might be impossible to fix. The trick is finding a good one.

Yep, a hack job can push too much on the paint and make it flake off.

jopa489
07-28-2009, 05:16 PM
What can someone expect to pay for PDR? I have a 3-month old car that got caught in a hail storm (yeah, in JULY!!) and now I have about 10-15 small round dents, all a bit smaller than a dime.

None of them have broken through the paint and most are on the hood.

Can this be done for under $200?

They should all come out (as long as they`re not on the edge of any panel, then it`s tougher) but I think you`ll be paying more than $200 for that many dents. If they are all smaller than a quarter, you`re probably looking at $100 just to get it in the shop for one ding, then a smaller fee for each subsequent ding.

Aesop F1
07-28-2009, 05:28 PM

I second this, have a guy here that does some stunning work.

pcar 930
07-28-2009, 10:12 PM
I second this, have a guy here that does some stunning work.

Who is it? Are you in the greater NY area? Please PM me if you don`t wish to post.

2StepsAhead
07-29-2009, 07:59 PM
PM me too, its such a slight crease I didnt know if it could be made perfect again...Ill try to take pics again, the ones in the sun werent so great and its been raining lately.

tmg19103
07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
PM me too, its such a slight crease I didnt know if it could be made perfect again...Ill try to take pics again, the ones in the sun werent so great and its been raining lately.

Slight creases are tough. I have an awesome PDR guy who did a great job on a crease, but my car is jet black and if you look closely you can still notice where it was/is, but nobody else will notice - except maybe people on this forum!

Also does not help that I have jet black.

2StepsAhead
08-02-2009, 12:15 PM
I have a black car too...right now its at the point where its hard to notice but when I point it out to people all of a sudden I get people telling me how they can see it when they drive past the car now lol. Anyone have anyone in the tri-state area the recommend? Maybe Ill just show it to them and see what they think.