PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Leather Care Product

tenorplayer23
07-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Am going to pick-up a number of Optimum products for exterior work and thought I`d add the Leather Care product, as well.

Would like your expereinces & recommendations about Optimum`s Leather Care Treatment Spray. Given your usage with it and with other leather cleaner/conditioners, should I be adding a second "conditioning" type product to go along with OLC or will it stand on it`s own?

Also, Eisezett & Leatherique are often mentioned as high quality leather care products, although a bit pricey. Do you guys have other more economical but effective #2, #3 choices that you would recommend?

I expect I will use 303 on dash & vinyl, but thought something more leather specific (cleaning/conditioning) would be good to have.

Let me know.

Thx.

See ya :wavey

steelwind101
07-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi

Use a search and take a look at some of the more recent posts on the leather care and they will give you a good idea of what you need to know. Im not to familiar with the Optimum line of leather products.

You need a cleaner and a protector, unless your car is old the oil based products will just cause leather to get dirty or be wiped off on your wipe down cloth.

Things like Einszett leathercare are inappropriate on modern auto leather since they contain things like `Nuba wax. IME the leather gets shiney quickly with this product, a quick wipe down with a cleaner a few weeks later shows the cloth for drying is dirty (more so then when using a modern protector) suggesting it attracts a lot more dirt!

Leather Masters is a good place to get some good products.

Geoff

wytstang
07-26-2009, 06:00 PM
+1 for Leather Masters, as far as Opt Leather Protectant it reformulated Opt protectant plus with added leather scent. When purchased in gallon size it says nothing of being a leather protectant Optimum Protectant Plus, 128 oz. Refill (http://www.autogeek.net/opprpl1ga.html)

It`s a good protectant with some light cleaning abilities. Kind of an all-in-one interior product. Plastic, vinyl, leather, ect. I use it for bi-weekly cleaning and light reconditioning of leather.

wascallyrabbit
07-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Kind of an all-in-one interior product. Plastic, vinyl, leather, ect. I use it for bi-weekly cleaning and light reconditioning of leather.

same here. also think leather masters is much better.