PDA

View Full Version : Wheels are not wanting to "become clean" easily!!

moto
07-24-2009, 03:13 PM
My dad`s GMC Canyon has just some basic aluminum wheels. They are dull looking.

They once were silver and now they are almost completely black!! I used Armor-All wheel cleaner... Greased Lightning... nothing does the trick. I scrubbed for a while before giving up...

Acid looks like the only solution... Unless anyone else has any ideas??

BobD
07-25-2009, 06:51 AM
Acid is going to be your best bet.

TheOtherHalf
07-25-2009, 07:15 AM
I am having the same problem. I have an S2000 with some hardcore break dust. I used something from Eagle1 that did a little with lots of effort, then even killed a bar of clay with a little more luck (on one wheel) and was told P21S was good and may do the trick..... no luck. In fact, it smelled exactly like the Eagle1 making me think its of a similar formula. Considering it worked about the same and was about 1/3 the price..... May be the last bottle I put up the change for.... we will see.

I`m working on clear coated wheels so I am all ears if someone has any ideas.

BobD
07-25-2009, 07:47 AM
I am having the same problem. I have an S2000 with some hardcore break dust. I used something from Eagle1 that did a little with lots of effort, then even killed a bar of clay with a little more luck (on one wheel) and was told P21S was good and may do the trick..... no luck. In fact, it smelled exactly like the Eagle1 making me think its of a similar formula. Considering it worked about the same and was about 1/3 the price..... May be the last bottle I put up the change for.... we will see.

I`m working on clear coated wheels so I am all ears if someone has any ideas.

You are also going to want to use a good acid based wheel cleaner.

Darkstar752
07-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Meguiars Wheel Brightener

Byk
07-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Eagle One A2Z Wheel Cleaner - Dangerously Powerful

On painted aluminum wheels only!