PDA

View Full Version : Armorall`s New Formula

mborner
07-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Sorry guys, I posted this over in Car Detailing but didn`t get any response.

I`ve used Original Armorall protectant on my tires for years with great results. I`ve always loved the look. No sling, not too shiny. Recently, I purchased a new bottle, and applied it to my tires and the look was flat black. I applied several coats but the look would not get even slightly glossy. The look was flatter than 303.

I did notice that the formula was thicker, and not as milky looking. I thought maybe it was a bad mix. A couple of week later, I`m at Target, checking out the fluid in the Original AA bottles and it`s the same. I`m very disappointed because I had used AA religiously for over 25 years. What happened to the original milky AA? Now I`m stuck looking for something else.

Note: This is not another "What tire dressing should I use" thread. Just trying to find out if AA did, in fact, alienate hundreds of thousand of loyal users.

Thanks.

camarodriver23
07-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Have you tried there Tire products? I use all the tires specific products with great results and have not noticed and difference in the formula i use AA on the interior and exterior vinyl and plastic i have never noticed a difference.

Good luck though

BigAl3
07-24-2009, 02:55 PM
http://armorall.com/img/products/interior/r_arm_origprot28oz_0706.jpg

Original Protectant

New! Improved UV Protection Armor All® Original Protectant

The formula that sparked a revolution has just been revolutionized.

Who says you can`t improve upon a classic? Now Armor All® Original Protectant is even better! For generations, Armor All® has been the undisputed leader in protection, defending your vehicle from harmful elements like UV and oxidation. Our improved, thicker formula provides enhanced control, a nongreasy finish and a deeper shine. All this plus even better UVA and UVB protection, which you have relied on for years to preserve the natural beauty of your vehicle.

Helps prevent cracking, fading, discoloration and premature aging

Brings out a beautiful, deep shine with a nongreasy finish

Safely cleans away dirt, dust and debris

Renews and revitalizes vinyl, rubber and plastic

btw... for tires i use the tire foam and/or the tire shine gel and they have worked great for me all these years...

Scottwax
07-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I`m not having any gloss problems with the new version of AA (that has been out at least a year now). Seems about the same as the prior version. Look at any of my before and after threads in the pro forum and you can see how the tires look on the cars I detail.

Mr.Jenkins
07-24-2009, 04:19 PM
You guys ever had problems with AA aging tires prematurely? Are is this

just a myth?...Thanks in advance!

Scottwax
07-24-2009, 04:31 PM
You guys ever had problems with AA aging tires prematurely? Are is this

just a myth?...Thanks in advance!

Maybe 10 years ago or more when it was petroleum based. AA has been water based for quite some time. Absolutely no issues on any of my own or my customer`s cars.

mborner
07-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks. The literature does say that it has improved shine. Maybe I did get a bad bottle. I`ll try a new bottle and see what happens. The bottle I had was thicker than the original but it wasn`t white, it looked more like watered down gel that was grayish clear. Is that right?

BigAl3
07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks. The literature does say that it has improved shine. Maybe I did get a bad bottle. I`ll try a new bottle and see what happens. The bottle I had was thicker than the original but it wasn`t white, it looked more like watered down gel that was grayish clear. Is that right?

next time you go to buy another bottle, twist the top off and look at a few others and see if the consistency is the same on all of them...

btw, i`ve never had any problems (agree with Scottwax) in the many years that i`ve used AA. their tire shine gel is probably the best product i`ve used from them. if you are looking for a good OTC tire dressing - the EO1 tire shine gel trigger is pretty good and leaves a finish a little less glossy then the AA tire shine gel...

http://eagleone.com/images/products/Tire_Shine_Gel_Trigger.jpg

Introducing the first tire shine gel formula in a spray!

New Eagle® One Tire Shine Spray Gel gives you the performance of a gel in a convenient spray bottle. Now it’s easier than ever to transform your tires leaving you with shiny, glossy results without all the work.

Thick gel adheres to tires providing a smooth, lasting shine

Eliminates drips and sling

Dries to a clear, high-gloss shine

Provides UV protection

Easy to use

Using Tire Shine Gel is quick and easy. Simply spray on and wipe with an Eagle One Tire Swipe for no-mess and amazing results. Now there’s no reason you can’t have great looking tires using the gel formula you prefer – Tire Detailer or new Tire Shine Gel. Either way, you’ll have a longer lasting, head-turning shine in no time!

mborner
07-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks, everyone. BigAl3, isn`t AA Tire Shine Gel a oil based product? I tried Endurance High Gloss one time, which is a gel, and it left a black sticky mess that took forever to get off.

Mr.Jenkins
07-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Maybe 10 years ago or more when it was petroleum based. AA has been water based for quite some time. Absolutely no issues on any of my own or my customer`s cars.

Thanks Scottwax, just as I figured.

BigAl3
07-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Thanks, everyone. BigAl3, isn`t AA Tire Shine Gel a oil based product? I tried Endurance High Gloss one time, which is a gel, and it left a black sticky mess that took forever to get off.

the AA tire gel is a thick white milky gel (i rather use this type than the clear gels or endurance) and water based if i`m not mistaken. some have reported that it works well on plastic bumpers, etc., as well...