PDA

View Full Version : Has Original ArmorAll Change Their Formula?

mborner
07-24-2009, 05:55 AM
I`ve used Original Armorall protectant on my tires for years with great results. I`ve always loved the look. No sling, not too shiny. Recently, I purchased a new bottle, and applied it to my tires and the look was flat black. I applied several coats but the look would not get even slightly glossy. The look was flatter than 303.

I did notice that the formula was thicker, and not as milky looking. I thought maybe it was a bad mix. A couple of week later, I`m at Target, checking out the fluid in the Original AA bottles and it`s the same. I`m very disappointed because I had used AA religiously for over 25 years. What happened to the original milky AA? Now I`m stuck looking for something else.

Note: This is not another "What tire dressing should I use" thread. Just trying to find out if AA did, in fact, alienate hundreds of thousand of loyal users.

Byk
07-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Yes, they did change it - it`s much thicker now.

agpatel
07-25-2009, 09:05 AM
They are all water based now and no longer as bad as they use to be were everyone said it will crack vinyl and what not. They are safe now but I think still have that gloss look that many people dont like.