PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax "Black Box" Opinions

maxitech
07-23-2009, 12:44 PM
I saw this stuff for sale at the auto parts store the other day and thought I would ask for any reviews / opinions on it...Thoughts?

longdx
07-23-2009, 01:16 PM
I haven`t tried it but others on this site have commented that this would be a temporary fix at best. I believe it is a black tinted polish. However, most newer finishes have a base coat/clear coat. The black tint would be a temporary patch.

BobD
07-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I think it`s just like their Color Cure line. Below is their description. It`s just tinted filler that hides swirls. I was reading a Ford forum and one guy tested it and said he got about 4 washes from it. It might be good if you just need a car to look good to sell it on a used lot or something.

* Can be used to protect a new finish as well as restore the clarity of an older neglected black finish.

* One-of-a-kind black tinted pre-cleaner and conditioner removes scratches, swirl marks and surface contaminants.

* The pre-cleaner is quickly and easily removed with the unique black tinted spray detailer, fortified with micronized carnauba, preparing the surface for waxing.

* Hand or machine application.

black03mach
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
alot of people on the corvette forum swear by this, but then again they also say that zaino is the end all be all of polishing

imported_Ol' Red
07-24-2009, 07:57 AM
^Hahaha I`m surprised corvette guys give TW a chance. Most people tear TW a new one. Aren`t Zaino`s polishes relativley weak compared to others such as Meguiars and Menzernas? I`ve never really heard of anybody doing corrective work with Zaino, just wax, sealant, and spray detailers, tire gloss, etc.

superchargedg
07-24-2009, 02:19 PM
I have a guy at my work who used this on his badly swirled up 2002 maxima and its black.When i saw it the next day it did a pretty nice cover up on those swirls and cobwebbing.Its only been on the car for 3 days so we will see how it holds up.

RaskyR1
07-24-2009, 02:53 PM
alot of people on the corvette forum swear by this, but then again they also say that zaino is the end all be all of polishing

LMAO!

So true!