PDA

View Full Version : Video editing software

BobD
07-23-2009, 05:59 AM
Are there any good open source video editing software that you guys are using and like?

DETAILKING
07-23-2009, 07:59 AM
How complex do you want to get? I just use MS movie maker to clean up clips I take with my digital camera. You can crop, add transitions, effects, and clean up the beginning and end. You can also do slow motion, fades, and add a music track. For basic stuff, it`s really not bad and best of all it`s free!

BobD
07-23-2009, 08:29 AM
How complex do you want to get? I just use MS movie maker to clean up clips I take with my digital camera. You can crop, add transitions, effects, and clean up the beginning and end. You can also do slow motion, fades, and add a music track. For basic stuff, it`s really not bad and best of all it`s free!

That should be all I`d need. We just got a new camera and we have a baby on the way so it`ll be used for taking home videos mostly.

Thanks!

SuperBee364
07-23-2009, 09:48 AM
That should be all I`d need. We just got a new camera and we have a baby on the way so it`ll be used for taking home videos mostly.

Thanks!

Woot! Congrats!! LoL, that new baby will have you a movie making pro in no time! Is this your first?

Srg.Rod
07-23-2009, 10:17 AM
check ur inbox

TortoiseAWD
07-23-2009, 10:36 AM
If should ever decide you want something more powerful and don`t mind paying, I had good luck with EditStudio 6 in doing some videos for the marketeers where I work. It`s pretty full featured (transitions, character generation, keyframe editing, etc.), and only $90. That`s not exactly cheap, but on the other end is Adobe`s product at $1k (yikes).

Congrats!

Tort

BobD
07-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks guys!

Yes, it`s our first.