PDA

View Full Version : Sealant Question

Daniel3507
07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
After seeing some reviews of Klasse products im wondering about trying them out. originally i was going to use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant followed by some Nattys Red. now though i am wondering about Klasse. What would be best, Klasse AIO or Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze? Would following those up with a wax help with the looks any or would you not even need wax? so what would you guys do? Wolfgang or Klasse? thanks for the help

jDizzle
07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
i havnt used woflgang, but i have used klasse many times. the aio is designed to prep the paint for the SG,. you can use AIO on its own, but durability isnt very good. SG is really finnikey and doesnt like to be applied over anything other than paint with no wax or cleaners whatsoever, or klasse AIO. if you put klasse SG on thin enough theres almost no residue to wipe off, but if you dont your going to hate it, its possibly the most difficult product to remove ive ever used. a couple layers of klasse, with a nice carnuba over it looks awesome, but i personally perfer other sealants that are easier to use like poorboys EX-P topped with carnuba durring the warmer months because i wax it every few weeks when its warm out. klasse gives you nice crisp reflections and it lasts a long time, but i feel there are other sealants out there that are easier to use and last just as long.

Legacy
07-22-2009, 06:55 PM
i havnt used woflgang, but i have used klasse many times. the aio is designed to prep the paint for the SG,. you can use AIO on its own, but durability isnt very good. SG is really finnikey and doesnt like to be applied over anything other than paint with no wax or cleaners whatsoever, or klasse AIO. if you put klasse SG on thin enough theres almost no residue to wipe off, but if you dont your going to hate it, its possibly the most difficult product to remove ive ever used. a couple layers of klasse, with a nice carnuba over it looks awesome, but i personally perfer other sealants that are easier to use like poorboys EX-P topped with carnuba durring the warmer months because i wax it every few weeks when its warm out. klasse gives you nice crisp reflections and it lasts a long time, but i feel there are other sealants out there that are easier to use and last just as long.+1 go with the Wolfgang, not finicky at all. Top it with your Natty`s Red and your good to go. Other good sealants, UPGP, OS, Blackfire, 4*.

jrock817
07-24-2009, 01:48 PM
i dont have any experience with other sealants, but the Klasse AIO was super easy to apply, and looks amazing on my black cobra. i hear that durability is an issue when applied alone, but it is a garage queen, and the stuff is so easy to put on, i would gladly do it every month if necessary

GS4_Fiend
07-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I`m currently using KSG. Yes it`s PITA to remove. But if you use a QD to remove it with, it`s much easier. The results are great after 2-3 coats. With proper cure time of course. I`m going to top it off with Natty`s Blue this weekend to see what wonders it can make.

Accumulator
07-25-2009, 11:14 AM
I`m currently using KSG... I`m going to top it off with Natty`s Blue this weekend to see what wonders it can make.

I`d sure make certain you have enough KSG on there before you top it with a

wax.

Daniel3507- I haven`t used Wolfgang but do use other, similar sealants. Unless you`re going to layer KSG rather heavily, I`d skip the Klasse; it`s primary benefit *IMO* is that you can layer it for incredible protection and durability. Unless you`re gonna do that there are other products you`d probably like better, and Wolfgang might be one of them.

FWIW I don`t top *any* sealant with wax. IF I want a wax-effect, I just use that instead of a sealant.

wfedwar
07-25-2009, 12:14 PM
I have to mention that Werkstat is more or less an updated version of Klasse that is easier to use, better looking, and longer lasting. Check it out at WERKSTAT: advancing the technology of automotive detailing (http://www.werkstat.com) (the acrylic products are the ones I`m refering to).

Dsoto87
07-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Get the KAIO. It has so many uses.

Than get the Deep Gloss Sealant.

Use the KAIO to clean up the paint a bit and than layer the DGS on. Don`t waste your time putting on the Nattys Red. You`re not going to get a different look. Nattys red has a lot of sealant qualities to it in terms of looks whereas DGS has a lot of wax like qualities.

GS4_Fiend
07-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I`d sure make certain you have enough KSG on there before you top it with a

wax.

Daniel3507- I haven`t used Wolfgang but do use other, similar sealants. Unless you`re going to layer KSG rather heavily, I`d skip the Klasse; it`s primary benefit *IMO* is that you can layer it for incredible protection and durability. Unless you`re gonna do that there are other products you`d probably like better, and Wolfgang might be one of them.

FWIW I don`t top *any* sealant with wax. IF I want a wax-effect, I just use that instead of a sealant.

3 coats enough :) ?

Plus KSG claims it`s detergent proof right? So I don`t think it would do any harm to the KSG after fully cured 24 hours.

GS4_Fiend
07-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Get the KAIO. It has so many uses.

Than get the Deep Gloss Sealant.

Use the KAIO to clean up the paint a bit and than layer the DGS on. Don`t waste your time putting on the Nattys Red. You`re not going to get a different look. Nattys red has a lot of sealant qualities to it in terms of looks whereas DGS has a lot of wax like qualities.

It`s Natty`s Blue. Have you personally tried Natty`s Blue over KSG?

steelwind101
07-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I have said enough great things about Wolfgang before, its a great product and its a shame to consider topping it. It looks great as the product it is and at $35 a bottle dont bother spoling that with Nattys Red.

I have said alot of great things about Nattys Red too, its $20 wax that wont IMO compliment Wolfgang Sealant.

Now, if your asking for Nuba looks (high jetting and depth) yet you want it to last like sealant....then you need....Pinnicle Liquid Souveran Wax Polycharged! Wolfgang has warmth, more so then Zaino but Liquid Souveran Polycharged has even more, excellent for maroons, dark blues etc!

It comes pre polycharged now, it will last 4 months (in Londons acidic wet weather) and the looks are great!

Geoff

Accumulator
07-26-2009, 10:56 AM
3 coats enough :) ?

Plus KSG claims it`s detergent proof right? So I don`t think it would do any harm to the KSG after fully cured 24 hours.

I would *NOT* stop at three. I even do four-five for wheels that only have to stay sealed for a season. I *always* do six layers of KSG any more.

Detergent proof is relative. It`s pretty immune to Griot`s Car Wash but those extra layers still make a world of difference IME.

audiguy69
07-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I have said enough great things about Wolfgang before, its a great product and its a shame to consider topping it. It looks great as the product it is and at $35 a bottle dont bother spoling that with Nattys Red.

I have said alot of great things about Nattys Red too, its $20 wax that wont IMO compliment Wolfgang Sealant.

Now, if your asking for Nuba looks (high jetting and depth) yet you want it to last like sealant....then you need....Pinnicle Liquid Souveran Wax Polycharged! Wolfgang has warmth, more so then Zaino but Liquid Souveran Polycharged has even more, excellent for maroons, dark blues etc!

It comes pre polycharged now, it will last 4 months (in Londons acidic wet weather) and the looks are great!

Geoff

That`s why someone said to use liquid souveran, then paste souveran - I didn`t know the liquid souveran was polycharged...