PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polishes

tenorplayer23
07-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Just wondering.

What`s been your experience w/Optimum polishes (Compound II, Polish II, Final Polish, etc.)? I`ve looked at the comparison charts for agressiveness to see how they line up with Menzerna, Wolfgang, PB`s etc.. From everything I have read, they work pretty well. Have my two cars to work on, below. Anything relative to those two models/colors that I ought to know re: polish selection??

Also, just FYI, all these products come in different size bottles. Optimum in 8oz. or 32oz., etc.. Others in 16oz, 32os, etc.. For the beginner, how much "polish" might typically be used on a car? Or said another way, how many average size cars worth of correction/polishing would an 8oz. bottle get you? Or, whatever metric you want to use?

Thx.

See ya. :wavey:

Scottwax
07-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Pretty good polishes but the compound isn`t particularly aggressive,, probably a 6 on a 1-10 scale, where #105 would be a solid 10. If your paint isn`t too heavily swirled then the OP II and OC II will work great. No dusting is a plus.

8 oz bottle ought to be enough for 2-3 vehicles. Less is more when it comes to most polishes.

tenorplayer23
07-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Great input. Thx.

Have you used the Wolfgang or Menzerna? Curious as to how aggressive the Optimum is re: to those. They are very good & similar, I understand.

Like the idea of the lack of dust. I think the Optimum will work out pretty good, given what you said. The Corvette is a cream puff & Millennium Yellow (so, doesn`t show like black or dark metallic). The Impala is Bright Red and sees all the elements....probably can use more agressive stuff there, but since it`s so new, it`s far from beat at all.

BTW, Scootwax; :) What do you suggest for clay & clay lube given I`m goin` the Optimum route.................anything you like better or worse for my applications??.............is there much difference really? I`m a novice, obviously.:confused:

Appreciate the feedback.

See ya. :wavey:

Pretty good polishes but the compound isn`t particularly aggressive,, probably a 6 on a 1-10 scale, where #105 would be a solid 10. If your paint isn`t too heavily swirled then the OP II and OC II will work great. No dusting is a plus.

8 oz bottle ought to be enough for 2-3 vehicles. Less is more when it comes to most polishes.

BigAl3
10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
without having to start a new thread, just wanted to point out that both the optimum final polish & compound II in the 8oz. size are BOGO right now. it changes often so act fast...

Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)

jose206
10-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Great find al! they have nice prices on their edge pads, wish I wasn`t so broke right now lol

Kean
10-21-2009, 01:57 PM
without having to start a new thread, just wanted to point out that both the optimum final polish & compound II in the 8oz. size are BOGO right now. it changes often so act fast...

Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html) ....talk about timing. Thanks Al. I was just about to order some OC. ....OP is usually enough for my own vehicles but I had some stubborn rids on my weekend car that needed something with a little more bite. ....thanks for the heads up. :xyxthumbs

dc5itr329
10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I use most of the optimum line. Just like Scottwax said. OC isn`t too agressive.

BigAl3
10-22-2009, 10:34 PM
....talk about timing. Thanks Al. I was just about to order some OC. ....OP is usually enough for my own vehicles but I had some stubborn rids on my weekend car that needed something with a little more bite. ....thanks for the heads up. :xyxthumbs

:up ......

SpeedTheory
10-28-2009, 10:22 AM
This is some great info on the Optimum line, but I`m wondering, how does the Finish Polish compare to the OP2? I haven`t been able to find the aggressiveness chart mentioned above. I`m guessing it doesn`t really do much correction though...?

evolutionwc3
10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
I really like OP. Super long work time and no dust. I aslo find myself using a few drops of it here and there when the Menz polishes don`t want to work well in the summer humidity.