PDA

View Full Version : Which WOWA Sealant: UPGP, OS, Z-CS, JW Trigger, other?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ten39
07-21-2009, 10:22 PM
My question is pretty much as simple as the title reads. I want to try out a WOWA sealant, and seeing that the ease of use and application is very similar across the board, I`m having trouble deciding on one based off of looks, durability, slickness, etc.

Which one would you go with, and why?:help:

XRL
07-21-2009, 10:53 PM
UPGP is like liquid (spray) armor. So if durability is a plus, that`s the stuff to go with.

nosbusa1700
07-21-2009, 11:44 PM
I bought Opti-seal, after reading the reviews. It was between it and Zaino`s Z-CS. I`ve never used the others, but I`m pleased with Opti-seal. It`s very easy to use.

It`s not super slick, but slick enough I guess. The durability is pretty good as well. I`ve had it go at least two months before I decided I wanted to try another product. I`m sure it will last longer. Not sure how long though.

I still use opti-seal on my wheels.

porta
07-22-2009, 03:51 AM
Get Opti seal.

JSFM35X
07-22-2009, 04:19 AM
I used the UPGP with excellent results. With all WOWA products there is a learning curve. I suggest you also get hte QD if you go with the UPGP. What a great 1-2 punch. I have a black car and it protected it from August 08 through the winter with 3 application. You need to wait 12-24 hr for it to cure. Well worth the $$. That small bottle will last you a long time. 1/4 oz will do the entire full size car easily. iF YOU SEE STREAKING YOU ARE USING TOO MUCH 9AND YOU WILL THE FIRST TIME). once it cures the streaks are easily removed with the QD.

Your second application will go much smoother. When i complained about streaking, I got a call from the chemist Ron who send me a home made video that showed proper application. many did i use too much the first go round. One spray per pannel, no more. You dont see it go down very wet like other produsts.

Macko
07-22-2009, 04:33 AM
OS for me, I love the look & it works so well with ONR & OCW.

silkstone
07-22-2009, 04:56 AM
UPGP, it has great protection/durability & a nice look.

I liked the AJT, but after a month outside, and 3 washes, the "look" went down considerably.

Just tried a spray wax over UPGP, just to see what a light topper would do.

Had no QD, so I bought some Meg`s UQW, OTC. Nice combo, it left a increased shine, & slickness.

wascallyrabbit
07-22-2009, 06:04 AM
i prefer upgp. upgp has a very slick finish that rinse and releases dirt/bugs very easily. 3 coats lasted on my truck for the winter (outside 24/7) still going strong but i added a new layer in the spring and another in early july. os is just as easy to use but i feel its not quite a slick as upgp. haven`t had it on my wife car long enough to say anything about the durability. looks for the two are similar although the car and truck are different colors. i would buy either of the two again, however i`m leaning more toward the upgp at this time. if i could only have one it would probably be upgp.

MaxdOut
07-22-2009, 06:04 AM
Your second application will go much smoother. When i complained about streaking, I got a call from the chemist Ron who send me a home made video that showed proper application. many did i use too much the first go round. One spray per pannel, no more. You dont see it go down very wet like other produsts.

Can you post the video or do you have a link?

wfedwar
07-22-2009, 07:14 PM
I really like AJT, but it is not WOWA like the others you mention. It`s spray on, buff off. More or less like a quick detailer.

juliom2
07-22-2009, 07:24 PM
...with the prices down on UPGP go for the 12 oz bottle and the Ultima Spray Guard Plus(their QD) its a very good combo and Yes a COMBO you`ll need the two to get the results.

:xyxthumbs:getdown

Shuskan3
07-22-2009, 07:35 PM
UPGP gets my vote; although I still use OS every now and then.

KnuckleBuckett
07-22-2009, 07:58 PM
UPGP. Great stuff. Very protective and durable.

yo2tup
07-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I use UPGP and OS.

I find that UPGP has better durability and is easier to clean, but OS has better looks. UPGP has the nice sharp reflective "sealant" look, while OS has a wetter deeper look. I find you need about 2 or 3 layers before UPGP starts looking good, while OS looks good after 1 layer.

If I were to use just one, I`d give the nod to UPGP because of durability and ease of cleaning... nothing sticks to it! I also find it easier to apply - less streaky than OS. I always have streaks that need to be buffed off with OS. I guess I haven`t perfected the application process yet

craigdt
07-22-2009, 09:02 PM
UPGP. Its one of my favorite sealants