PDA

View Full Version : So it`s about 90º in my garage...

OCDinPDX
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
And the labels on my Menz polishes say keep it between 59ºF and 77ºF. Obviously they are not being stored in direct sunlight but before I let air flow through the garage the temperature was testing 95º in there (I have a thermometer on the wall). Is there any inherent danger to leaving these polishes in the garage or is it an express lane to ruined polishes? Oregon doesn`t get very humid so I don`t expect humidity to play a role.

I have since brought them into the house where it is 72º with the A/C on.

Thanks.

BigAl3
07-21-2009, 10:33 PM
if you leave them in the garage, put them in a snap-lid tote (most of my products are in 20 gallon ones) and/or bring them inside and put them in the closet or something. menzerna stuff isn`t cheap...

btw.. go to your local big lots and they have many different sizes to choose from...

nosbusa1700
07-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Fwiw. I was told by the Pinnacle/Wolfgang company to keep my waxes, and sealants out of the garage due to extreme temp changes. I keep all of my products stored inside at 74-75 degrees. At my house the humidity is really bad most of the time, and the temps can get easily 110 degrees in the garage in the Summer. This isn`t even taking into account two cars stored in the garage after driving home from work.

In the winter it doesn`t get below 40 in the garage.

I`ve read elsewhere that someone`s products have gone bad due to temps, and others never had any problems.

You may never have any problems with your waxes in your garage, but with the money I have invested. I`m not willing to take any chances. Jmo

wascallyrabbit
07-22-2009, 06:10 AM
temperature controlled environment is definintely the place to keep you waxes weather it be in the house or temp controlled garage.

imported_Jakerooni
07-22-2009, 06:29 AM
The only issues I`ve ever had with product is when it froze up in the winter never any issue in summer heat.

shadow85
07-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Maybe remembering to shake them once a month will help it stay good.

Scottwax
07-22-2009, 05:32 PM
The only issues I`ve ever had with product is when it froze up in the winter never any issue in summer heat.

Same here. 100-107 for about 2 weeks straight here and I keep my polishes and waxes in my trunk. I do store the gallons in my laundry room and pour off what I need into 8 oz dispensers for use.

Low 90s today and it actually felt like a fall day. ;)

Junebug
07-23-2009, 05:56 AM
I do something simular - have my polishes in those 12 oz "ketchup" bottles in my cabinent in the garage, quarts/gallons are in my laundry room with the other household chemicals. I like those little bottles for ease of use and being able to see exactly how much is left in them.

BobD
07-23-2009, 06:02 AM
You can keep them in the garage. I keep mine in the garage all season long until winter comes. i`ve been doing this for years and years and no problems.

Also, chances are the factories and warehouses these things are manufactured and stored in are not air conditioned in the summer.

DM101
07-23-2009, 06:19 AM
I have mine stored in my garage where the outside temp. is 25 degrees to 100. I just make sure they don`t freeze.