PDA

View Full Version : Is FK 1000P all that good ???

Pages : [1] 2

DM101
07-20-2009, 11:04 AM
ready to try something different. Is FK 1000P all that good ??? I found some Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection stashed away. I gave it a shot and was pleasantly suprised.

GlossyTundra
07-20-2009, 11:14 AM
I actually almost hated Blacfire Wet Diamond. Slick, durable, reflective, but no depth or wetness on my color.

FK1000p I like. I dont love it, but like it. I know SuperBee loves it, and while I have only had it on my truck 2 times, it was good. It lasts a while, slick, and very nice looking, application is a little bit of a pita.

NSXTASY
07-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes.

and Yes.

tom p.
07-20-2009, 11:32 AM
A truly great product.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3892/logopdu.jpg

imported_Bence
07-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Absolutely agree.

citizen arcane
07-20-2009, 04:27 PM
FK 1000P is on my short list to buy as well.

Re: Blackfire Wet Diamond

Funny you mentioned this. I just dug out a 32 oz bottle from the back of my bin as it was raining today; DG gives me fits for removal in high humidity (pretty much all the time here on the Gulf Coast.) I forgot how easy this was to apply and remove w/ no probs due to the dankness. The reason I stopped using it was due to staining; w/ this in mind I was careful around molding, body seams and contours.

I wonder how well FK 1000P removes under these conditions.

civicex
07-20-2009, 07:45 PM
1000p is the longest lasting sealent I have ever used.

NSXTASY
07-20-2009, 08:05 PM
With the uncertainty of FK, stock up while you can.

I have been working through my tin of 1000P for a couple years and Im halfway down. I am liking the silver tins, mine is white with a black label.

The application of 1000P is easy, though like many sealants and waxes it takes a bit of technique to make it easy. I think of it as Zaino paste as far as application goes. SUPER THIN and multiple layers. Dipping the applicator in the tin will likely load too much product, so perfecting your tin to the pad application is key, IMO.

Cleaning Fool
07-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I`m halfway thru my first tin of 1000P. In my book its a fantastic product for the money, I mean $20 including shipping. Honestly, on silvers, whites and mid tones I`ve yet to use anything I like better, including Z2 Pro, which says alot. Match it up with Danase Wet glaze/EZ Creme glaze and it its killer.

nosbusa1700
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
FK 1000P is on my short list to buy as well.

Re: Blackfire Wet Diamond

Funny you mentioned this. I just dug out a 32 oz bottle from the back of my bin as it was raining today; DG gives me fits for removal in high humidity (pretty much all the time here on the Gulf Coast.) I forgot how easy this was to apply and remove w/ no probs due to the dankness. The reason I stopped using it was due to staining; w/ this in mind I was careful around molding, body seams and contours.

I wonder how well FK 1000P removes under these conditions.

Which one stains? Blackfire? If so, is it the new stuff with polycharger, or the old one?

citizen arcane
07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Which one stains? Blackfire? If so, is it the new stuff with polycharger, or the old one?

Old Blackfire without the charger.

imported_Bence
07-21-2009, 05:25 AM
With the uncertainty of FK, stock up while you can.

There is no uncertainty. Finish Kare is perfectly healthy. FK1 (the US distributor) is a different story.

Accumulator
07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
I`m in the process of redoing the YukonXL Denali with FK1000P, first time I`ve used it on anything other than wheels. VERY user-friendly stuff IMO, but then I`m used to the super-thin application routine.

No trim staining IME, at least when used on top of KAIO and/or ZAIO. It can build up in crevices if you get heavy-handed about the application though, so keep it thin. I tried a few goofy-thick applications on the plastic cowl cladding (base of windshield), and it came off just fine once it (finally) dried.

I`m scraping the applicator pad with a plastic razor blade after every trip to the tin, that seems to get the product well-distributed in the pad and it gets the excess off.

I never had staining with the old BF either :think: Oh yeah, one plastic surface on the S8 stained a bit but the others didn`t (not sure what was up with that :nixweiss). The one that did stain wasn`t awful and some BF QD took care of it IIRC.

As for the durability of FK1000P, I`m doing a few areas with KSG (for specific functional reasons, not just to compare the two products) and it`ll be interesting to see how it goes.

The KSG layering results in a definite build-film, like a plastic coating you can easily feel. The FK1000P layering doesn`t seem to do that, it`s more like just a "freshly waxed" effect.

The first coat is only a few days old, and I`m doing one coat per day (which is plenty on that big vehicle). I`m still waiting for that "delayed reaction wow-effect" I`ve heard about with FK1000P.

Eisen Hulk
07-21-2009, 10:27 AM
1000P is definitely one of my favorite LSP`s. I was just talking to John (Eliot Ness) at his house last night about 1000P, and I told him if I had to narrow my LSPs down to five (from everything I`ve used), 1000P would definitely be on that list.

For wheels, I`ve yet to use anything better. It goes on 90% of the wheels I do. I`ll use Opti-Seal if I`m in a time crunch, but 1000P gets my vote for wheels if time will allow it.

Also, 1000P is one of those LSP`s that looks better after a few days...and this is coming from a guy who`s never done multiple layers of 1000P on a car.

DM101
07-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. I`ll be giving it a try soon.