PDA

View Full Version : Victory Polish?

Pages : [1] 2

IppoJ
07-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Anyone know anything about the Victory Polish that is up on WootSellout (http://sellout.woot.com/Default.aspx?WootSaleId=4629&ts=1201519975&sig=c5992c76056b9684) right now?

I`m not sure if they are associated with Victory Motorcycles or not. Website is victorypolish.com

For $15 shipped I`ll try it. shrug. Supposedly it`s $40 + shipping regularly.

http://sale.images.woot.com/Victory_Wax_Formula_KitsddDetail.jpg

xTravBx
07-18-2009, 09:01 AM
I bought the kit - the price is unbeatable..

craigdt
07-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Holy cow! The kit contains:

1 Velocity Machine Auto Polish #1

1 Velocity Machine Auto Polish #2

1 Velocity Machine Auto Polish #3

1 Velocity Machine Auto Paint Sealant

1 Velocity Machine Auto Photo Finish Wax

1 Velocity Machine Auto Fast Finish Spray

1 Velocity Machine Auto Winner Wax Spray

It might be worth it just for the empty bottles...

Edit: I guess Ill join in on the guinea pig party. The site descriptions and instructions seem to imply that that they might be decent products. You cant hardly say no to 7 bottles of anything for $15

SuperBee364
07-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Correction to the web address: Victory Wax Online Store (http://www.victoryshine.com/)

Wow...15 bucks shipped.. can`t lose at that price.

What a *great* marketing strategy... Get your products out there for a price that us detailers simply cannot refuse. Then we use `em, get hooked on `em, and pay retail for more... This could be a strategy for *all* new consumer detailing product lines... hint, hint. ;)

Although I think Victory`s products have been around a while.

nighthawkcoupe
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Bought one just because it`s stupid cheap-the polishes alone are 10 bucks each on their website. Can`t wait to try this stuff out-thanks OP.

For those feeling even more daring-shipping stays at 5 bucks whether you buy 1, 2, or 3 kits.

Double Dizzle
07-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Bought two kits....nearly impossible to resist at that price.

mikenap
07-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Awesome, in for 2!

mrcarcrazy
07-22-2009, 04:01 PM
got mine in today. but its raining.....so I guess I`ll wait for someone elses review...

craigdt
07-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Got mine too! Havent had a chance to use em, but they are very watery and except for the spray wax, which smells like baby lotion, they all smell like petroleum.

noob86
07-22-2009, 09:33 PM
got in on the deal, at worst I will ebay it :)

THEY ARE 40 BUCKS ON THEIR WEBSITE

mikenap
07-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Updates anyone? Mine won`t show until tomorrow, and can`t use them until Monday. Really want to know if they are worthwhile. Craig, is the petroleum smell a sign of a bad product or just an obnoxious stench?

Chops
07-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Is this deal still up? I can`t find it on either link

craigdt
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Umm I doubt it. I think it was a one day deal.

Review:

I just went out and tried this on one of my guy`s truck (a single stage red tacoma) here at work and I was fairly impressed.

Unfortunately, I didnt think to bring my G110 or any mf`s to work today but I did have the box the set came in in my car.

So I used a cotton towel. I worked in the Stage 2 polish, removed it with the QD, worked in the Stage 1 finishing polish, applied the sealant and let it cure for as long as I could, then used the liquid wax. (hey, I had to try the whole system).

I was pretty impressed by the results. I was working under some super bright metal halide lights and didnt see any swirls or micromarring. The paint was left super smooth and very glossy.

The Bad: The smell is a turn off. Im just not a huge fan of using a QD that smells like gasoline. The bottles shoot a bit of polish out if you are squeezing them in the slightest when you open them up.

Definitely worth the $15, but cant really say much more than that, due to the limited amount of time Ive spent with the system.

craigdt
07-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Craig, is the petroleum smell a sign of a bad product or just an obnoxious stench?

Well, my thoughts are, if the company doesnt take the time to make the product smell bearable, what else are they skimping on?

But then again, look at Collinite 845.

SpoiledMan
07-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Smell doesn`t = performance. Perhaps they skimped on the smell good part to concentrate on the be good part?