PDA

View Full Version : Putting together my Christmas Wish List!

RUBigDog05
11-16-2005, 12:14 AM
I need to e-mail Dwayne to find out about a few products that used to be on the website that aren`t there now before I decide to go PAC or Autogeek. Autogeek has everything I need and want but I`ve always ordered from PAC because of the great service, fast shipping and the once in a while free gifts that he throws in. Last years gift was the best ever! Anyways, here is my list:

PB SnG 32 oz
PB SSR2.5 (FINALLY!)
Mothers Powerball
Mothers Powermetal 8 oz
Foam pad conditioning brush
2 16x24 WW towels

The only reason right now that I would go with Autogeek instead of PAC is because Autogeek offers a Mothers Powerball kit that includes the Powerball, Metal polish, 2 MF`s and MF gloves for $38 compared to $30 for just the ball and polish from PAC. Autogeek also has a "Duo-Spur Wool & Foam" conditioning brush for $15 compared to $13 for just the foam pad brush at PAC. The duo-spur from autogeek makes since for when I eventually get a rotary...true? Autogeek also has the 16x24 WW MF`s listed on their site and PAC doesn`t so thats why I`m going to e-mail Dwayne to find out if he has the WW`s, the duo-spur or could come close to matching the Mothers PowerBall kit that Autogeek is selling.

I believe these are all the supplies I need at this time. I might get a bug sponge for my brother since he`s starting to take care of his new ride and every time he comes to visit (5.5hour drive), he gets really bad bug splatter driving through back roads to get here. There are a few other things that I want but that stuff can be picked up at Walmart or something. Any suggestions? Sorry for this being so long! I get out of control talking about new products :yay

sharpie
11-16-2005, 12:51 AM
pass on the power ball......for a few reasons.

I found that the power polish that is recomended is very liquid and is very easy to sling all over your car. I have also found that if it is ANYTHING over very light duty cleaning it will take you more time and frustration trying not to sling the polish as it would to do it by hand. On the second use i used my own polish of choice (paste) and I was able to use more presure and higher speeds with better results.

Just my 2 cents, however i have not tried it on anything other than wheels I bet it woudl work great for polishing other metal surfaces.

LikeaRock
11-16-2005, 02:11 AM
I`m going to be ordering a variety of products, I can`t wait :biggrin:

gatightlines
11-16-2005, 12:33 PM
I have the Mother`s Powerball and I would suggest that you pass on it as well. I bought it to polish my wheels and truck box. It does an OK job but I think a better buy would be the Flitz power thing that they make. It looks like it can get into smaller spaces and would do a better job on diamond thread. I have yet to use the Flitz item so take that into account with my opion.

Antonio Waxer
11-16-2005, 12:50 PM
I need to e-mail Dwayne to find out about a few products that used to be on the website that aren`t there now before I decide to go PAC or Autogeek. Autogeek has everything I need and want but I`ve always ordered from PAC because of the great service, fast shipping and the once in a while free gifts that he throws in. Last years gift was the best ever!

What kind of gift did Dwayne give you last year???

I know what his answer will be about the price matching: http://www.premiumautocare.com/price-matching.html

RUBigDog05
11-16-2005, 12:53 PM
I apprecite ya`lls opinion about the PowerBall. I guess its one of things tha you see someone like Chip Foose using it and you think it has to be the best since he puts his name on it. I was mainly going to get it to help remove PB Wheel Sealant and use the PowerMetal for my aluminum diamondplate toolbox by hand or with my PC and the original foam pad that comes with the PC. Would using the PowerBall for wheel sealant justify it a little better? I hate taking time to remove the wheel sealant by hand because it seems like it takes forever sometimes, especially on my brothers 18" chrome rims.