PDA

View Full Version : Too much lubrication in a clay lube?

imported_RZJZA80
07-17-2009, 07:48 PM
I`ve recently tried the DP Rinseless wash for clay lube and it`s seriously slick and lubricating but it almost seems like it`s too slick, the clay bar doesn`t seem to pick up as much as with say, Megs QD. Is there such a thing as too much lubrication for a clay lube?

Legacy
07-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I`ve recently tried the DP Rinseless wash for clay lube and it`s seriously slick and lubricating but it almost seems like it`s too slick, the clay bar doesn`t seem to pick up as much as with say, Megs QD. Is there such a thing as too much lubrication for a clay lube?

Just dilute it more.

Accumulator
07-18-2009, 10:29 AM
IMO, if a lube puts too much of a (slick) barrier between the clay and the contamination, yeah, it can cause problems. That`s one reason why I don`t really like using Griot`s SpeedShine as a clay lube.

SuperBee364
07-18-2009, 11:08 AM
IMO, if a lube puts too much of a (slick) barrier between the clay and the contamination, yeah, it can cause problems. That`s one reason why I don`t really like using Griot`s SpeedShine as a clay lube.

My fav clay lube is still the maroon bottle Megs detailer. The spray bottles have one of the best spray patterns I`ve seen. I use em after the QD is gone to spray other stuff that needs a good, tight, uniform spray pattern. The QD itself is a great clay lube, but not really that great of a QD.

RZIZA80, is the DP Rinseless a decent car wash?

Accumulator
07-18-2009, 11:15 AM
My fav clay lube is still the maroon bottle Megs detailer. The spray bottles have one of the best spray patterns I`ve seen...

Yeah, I forgot about that great sprayer last time the Jag Club had Meg`s QD among their raffle prizes :o

imported_RZJZA80
07-18-2009, 06:49 PM

Honestly, I haven`t even used it to wash any car yet, still a bit too nervous about it. Although the clay lube spray bottle I have mixed up was used to clean a few dirty areas of a car with just a clean MF towel and it seemed to clean it very well without streaks or anything.

Dsoto87
07-18-2009, 06:52 PM

DP rinseless is every bit as good as ONR if not a tad bit slicker

SuperBee364
07-18-2009, 08:36 PM
DP rinseless is every bit as good as ONR if not a tad bit slicker

Thanks, Dsoto87, I`ve been really curious about the DP, but I didn`t want to spend the money until I heard something about it.

Dsoto87
07-18-2009, 08:50 PM
I had started writing a long review about it when it first came out but stopped in the middle when my camera broke and I couldn`t upload the pictures. I can send you a sample if you want.

I wouldn`t say its something you should go run out and buy but if your low on ONR and the DP is cheaper at the time than go with it. AG had an awesome deal when it first came out. If it ever goes on BOGO or as a VIP special again ill be buying a lifetime supply.

To be honest though I haven`t used ONR since receiving the DP. I like the smell of the DP. It makes it more pleasant to work with. And like I said, it feels like there`s a bit more lubricity but that could be in my head.

Let me know if you want some supe.

scary bill
07-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Too much lube is going to be less good.

I would say dilute it more.

johny
07-19-2009, 03:07 AM
I clayed my car about a month ago. During the process I ran out of the Clay Magic spray lubricant. I found that by adding just a wee bit of car soap to a bunch of water provided a better lube. Even just a little more soap was degrading the clay too much.

SuperBee364
07-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I had started writing a long review about it when it first came out but stopped in the middle when my camera broke and I couldn`t upload the pictures. I can send you a sample if you want.

I wouldn`t say its something you should go run out and buy but if your low on ONR and the DP is cheaper at the time than go with it. AG had an awesome deal when it first came out. If it ever goes on BOGO or as a VIP special again ill be buying a lifetime supply.

To be honest though I haven`t used ONR since receiving the DP. I like the smell of the DP. It makes it more pleasant to work with. And like I said, it feels like there`s a bit more lubricity but that could be in my head.

Let me know if you want some supe.

That would be great! Of course, it would have to be a *trade* of samples, though.

I can`t stand the smell of ONR. It doesn`t last long, though, which is nice.