PDA

View Full Version : Leather Cleaner recommend

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

shadow85
07-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Whats a good leather cleaner to use if I plan on doing regular upkeep? I tried the armorall stuff from the auto store and its greasy. So something that is not greasy.

jfelbab
07-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Woolite and water; 1:10 for gentle cleaning and 1:6 for a stronger cleaner. I mix up these two dilutions in spray bottles for the cars I do.

For commercial products I look to Leather Masters. They make a Strong Cleaner and a Soft Cleaner. I`ve used both and it is what I use on my own cars.

I follow with Leather Masters Protection Cream which is not oily or slippery.

Leather Master Products (http://www.leatherworldtech.com/category.aspx?categoryID=24&gclid=CJSgoeW23ZsCFRMhnAod_G-h_w)

Dsoto87
07-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I got rid of my leather cleaners because woolite is all I need now. Its gentle but will clean some of the worst stains

dublifecrisis
07-17-2009, 01:06 PM
woolite like jfelbab said. pour an ounce in a spray bottle, fill the rest with distilled water, shake a bit. spray a couple squirts right onto the towel and 1-2 on the seat. Always buff off good with a clean side of the towel then apply some leather conditioner. nice warm seats come out better. always buff it off at the end.

David Fermani
07-17-2009, 01:18 PM
If you`re looking for the very best product to use on your leather, use Leather Masters. You can rest assured that it`s a product made for leather and it won`t leave a damaging residue behind that will produce quick resoiling.

Accumulator
07-17-2009, 01:46 PM
One more vote for Leather Masters. Note that their mild cleaner really *IS* awfully mild...as in, it might not even hurt the dirt ;)

I did a pal`s car with Leather Masters after he`d treated its leather for years with various stuff from Zep, Meguiar`s, and Armor All. It was a night/day transformation. The stuff I was cleaning off/out of his leather was just so...YUCK, nasty yellowish [stuff].

If you`re using the Woolite, I`d sure figure out a way to rinse it off. Yeah, I know, everybody uses it with no issues, but still....

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-17-2009, 01:55 PM
One more vote for Leather Masters. Note that their mild cleaner really *IS* awfully mild...as in, it might not even hurt the dirt ;)

I did a pal`s car with Leather Masters after he`d treated its leather for years with various stuff from Zep, Meguiar`s, and Armor All. It was a night/day transformation. The stuff I was cleaning off/out of his leather was just so...YUCK, nasty yellowish [stuff].

If you`re using the Woolite, I`d sure figure out a way to rinse it off. Yeah, I know, everybody uses it with no issues, but still....

That`s why I only buy the strong and just dilute it based on how soiled the particular hides are that I happen to be working on that day:clap:

GS4_Fiend
07-17-2009, 01:56 PM
If I was to get the cleaners from Leather Masters, which one should I get?

David Fermani
07-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Strong Cleaner - $11.99 minus discount

Leather Master Strong Cleaner Leather Cleaner (http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=197)

Accumulator
07-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Or maybe from these folks: Cleaners (http://www.leatherworldtech.com/category.aspx?categoryID=58)

GS4_Fiend
07-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Or maybe from these folks: Cleaners (http://www.leatherworldtech.com/category.aspx?categoryID=58)

They don`t give discount from that site. ;)

I`m checking out detailersdomain since he`s a known vendor

GS4_Fiend
07-17-2009, 02:19 PM
What does the Leather Master cleaner/conditioner smells like?

Striker
07-17-2009, 03:02 PM
I heard that Leather Masters CONDITIONER is water based and this is what im looking for. Can someone confirm this and direct me to the proper link? I see that they have a couple different conditioners and im not sure which one to go with.

jfelbab
07-17-2009, 03:43 PM
What does the Leather Master cleaner/conditioner smells like?

The Strong Cleaner has a mild smell similar to Woolite. The Protection Cream is nearly odorless.

jfelbab
07-17-2009, 03:50 PM
I heard that Leather Masters CONDITIONER is water based and this is what im looking for. Can someone confirm this and direct me to the proper link? I see that they have a couple different conditioners and im not sure which one to go with.

I can say that their Protection Cream dries on the leather and is not oily nor does it leave the leather slippery so it doesn`t contain oils or silicones. I can`t say for sure if it is water based but I think that is the case.

The fact that it dries and is not oily is the main reason I like it. Most other conditioning products I`ve used are oily and actually leave the leather tacky or slippery.