PDA

View Full Version : Any experience w/ UPPP hand applicator?

CEE DOG
07-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Hey guys, I have my products and the time is drawing near when I shall etc, polish, seal my car for the first time. The salmon colored foam hand applicator that came with Ultima PPP looks awfully hard too me. Can a few people confirm that they have used this and if they did anything to soften it first? Also how hard to press against it. I`m sure I`m just being crazy but I am really scared I am going to screw something up since I have no experience.

Thanks for your patience,

Corey

AuAltima3.5
07-17-2009, 07:26 AM
I used a Sonus white pad with a PC.

To be honest, I don`t even remember a foam pad from Ultima? Do you have anything else? There is ALOT of oils in the Ultima polish, so marring won`t be easily noticed.

Setec Astronomy
07-17-2009, 07:31 AM
I`m looking at the ACC picture of the UPPP, and that seems to be an orange foam applicator. I don`t think you need to worry about the applicator messing up your paint, and you will want to work the product in pretty good to get the effectiveness...I`m not sure that means pressing hard but it does mean that you will have to go over the same spot a lot of times.

If you are concerned about marring, you need to be sure the surface is very clean (as with any polishing) so that you don`t rub any dirt or "bonded contaminants" into the surface. What that means is do a thorough washing and use clay before the polish.

Eliot Ness
07-17-2009, 10:07 AM
To be honest that is part of the Ultima system that I haven`t tried yet. When/if I do I`ll most likely use a PC to apply it, but I`m sure you`ll be OK doing it by hand. I have read that you want to use it sparingly or it can be difficult to remove.

The following post covers hand application:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/perfect-shine/109322-whats-correct-procedure-applying-ppp-removing-using-udm.html#post1153427

Pats300zx
07-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I just a standard MF applicator with Ultima. I believe the UPPP came with a very large MF app which I found very difficult to get in some places.

Setec Astronomy
07-17-2009, 11:39 AM
The UPGP comes with that giant MF, but the UPPP (at least now) seems to come with an equally giant orange foam app:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autopia_2063_1869949