PDA

View Full Version : winter snow brush

joe.p
11-15-2005, 04:08 PM
winter is here and snow will be on it`s way and i started thinking about the snow brush that i have . like most on the forum i prepped my car for winter and sooner or later i`ll have to remove snow from my car. what snow brush do you use that`s will cause the least amount of marring/scratching.

i seen something that looked to be made of styrofoam and don`t think it will hold up well with 6 to 12 inch of snow on my car.

Brenton
11-15-2005, 05:30 PM
As much as possible I`m going to use my California Water Blade. I`d like to hear other answers.

runnerbl
11-15-2005, 06:35 PM
I`m keeping mine in the garage....Nice and shiny :)

jaybs02
11-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Wrap a MF around snow brush this was you avoid scratching the paint.
And as always a good layer of protection helps.

"J"

Inspector1
11-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Check into the Sno-brum or the Sno-pro that is probably the foam style you are talking about. They hold up better than you would think.
Most dealers use those for cars on the lot and they will last the whole season if used properly.

I1 :yes:

budman3
11-15-2005, 09:37 PM
The best brush can be as good as the worst brush for removing snow if you use it correctly. Remove 90% of the snow on the vehicle so you don`t touch the paint at all. The little that remains will quickly blow off with no hazards. The only marring you`ll get, which is inevitable is from and particles or debris between the paint and snow.

maximv1
11-15-2005, 10:11 PM
a snow broom is your best bet and it will stand up to 8-10 inches of snow. i use one all the time at the dealership. listen to budman3, leave about a half to an inch of snow so you don`t contact the paint. that small amount will melt fast but you can still drive. please don`t remind me of snow coming. :censored:

jason(england)
11-16-2005, 01:54 AM
How about using the leaf blower?

maximv1
11-16-2005, 06:35 AM
i don`t know how well a leaf blower would work on heavy snow. light fluffy snow would be okay, but you might waste more gas than it is is worth on heavy thick snow.