PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

Daniel3507
07-16-2009, 08:39 PM
ive been kicking around the idea of detailing cars on the side but im the guy that doesnt do anything big like that without a lot of research so bear with me here.

Ive been wondering about the engine cleaning part and am not sure on the process or products. I was thinking just spray some Megs APC let dwell, agitate as needed and rinse off. if someone could correct me or link me to a thread that tells about it that would be great.

Carpet cleaning is what im confused about. I figured treat it all the carpet with 303 cleaner and spot remover after vacuuming, agitate and remove. I was thinking about getting one of those Bissell Little Green Machines but was wondering what to use in it.

And lastly (for now anyway) undercarriage spray, does it work well? do you spray it right on the frame and what not? pretty confused about this stuff.

thanks a TON for all the help. im practicing all this on my truck so no worries about ruining other peoples cars.

Daniel3507
07-17-2009, 03:15 PM
still need help

06vrss
07-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Your process for the engine sounds good. They also sell various types of dressings for engine bays that give everything a nice shine. As far as carpets go I`m not familiar with 303 cleaner but ive heard good things. Vacuum, spray cleaner, agitate where necessary and then vacuum thoroughly is my method. Good luck!

Daniel3507
07-17-2009, 07:42 PM
any thoughts on undercarriage spray? that stuff confuses me.