PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own/used Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning machine?

LoiG37
07-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I am looking at a local deal on a Rug Doctor Carpet cleaning machine.

I was wondering if anyone own one or has used one that can give me some feedback.

Is it good?

How does it work on car carpets and seats?

Thanks

Z K
07-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I`ve used it on car interiors before... very basic, you put in the solution and you use the upholstery attachment to spray the surface and then suck it out.

I found the sucking power to suck. It left some wet spots I had to go over with a towel.

Chicagoareanew
07-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I`ve rented them twice before. I`d do it again, but there are some things to know. First of all, they are TERRIBLY maintained. Look for one that is clean, otherwise you are going to have some problems. The attachments for the upholstery hose can be a pain in the neck and you want to rent one in good condition to avoid that. If they aren`t attached well, you will have suction problems. But if everything is working ok, then there shouldn`t be a problem.

They say if you use the upholstery tool that you have to use anti-foam as well, but I found that to be untrue. I used the carpet cleaner in the green bottle that says it has oxyclean and is biodegradable (since I don`t want to be enclosed in a car making me light headed from chemicals), and that didn`t give me any problems.