PDA

View Full Version : Black Magic Matte Tire Finish

Pages : [1] 2

Striker
07-14-2009, 03:56 PM
I bought this a few days ago to see how it would work after reading a couple times that it doesn`t sling and offers a deacent shine.

I must say I was dissapointed. I did one tire just because I wasn`t a 100% sure on the whole "no sling guarantee" factor. Sure enough after driving for 20 minutes my fender had this tire shine on it and wasn`t very easy at all to remove. It really placed itself well on my paint.

The shine was no better if not weaker then that of 303 protectant on the same tire, prepped the same way.

I wish I had a receipt for this so that I can return it.

http://www.autofiends.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/titanium-matte-finish.jpg

blkacgsr
07-14-2009, 04:02 PM
How heavy did you put it on? How did you apply it? I have it and it doesn`t sling for me.

Striker
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I simply sprayed it directly around the tire, grabbed a clean rag and wiped the tire, giving it an even coating. The car say for over 10 minutes.

tom p.
07-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I thought this product was pretty decent for OTC. I`ve used it a few times and haven`t really noticed much throw on the body. However, my cars often sit overnight giving the stuff a chance to set up.

FWIW, I`ve never seen a tire dressing that`s completely "throw-proof". And some are far worse than others.

blkacgsr
07-14-2009, 04:29 PM
I apllied it by a tire applicator and let it sit for 5-10 mins. no sling what so ever.

Striker
07-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Bar none the best tire shine i`ve ever used was made by a local company called Shining Monkey. Never slings, shines like crazy and really goes nowhere!

No Spitting Tire Shine : Shining Monkey Premium Car Care, The Home of D-Spec and No Spitting Tire Shine (http://www.shiningmonkey.com/index.php?main_page=nospitting)

Legacy
07-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Want a matte finish, no sling, dries to the touch=Tuff Shine

BigAl3
07-14-2009, 06:03 PM
one of the best OTC tire dressings i have used is the AA tire shine gel and one bottle lasts a looong time...

Boston Man
07-14-2009, 06:13 PM
I have this and i love it. There is no way it can sling because it dries to the touch. I spray it onto an applicator and wipe it on the tire evenly.

It`s not supposed to be shiny, it is matte. For some reason after it rains, the look of the tire is like it`s a wet tire dressing, less matte, more shine. But it`s still dry to the touch.

jDizzle
07-14-2009, 06:29 PM
i like this dressing too. and it hasnt slung for me yet.. i use an eagle one tire swipe to apply it... ive never tried spraying directly onto the tire , i have 205-40-17`s on my car, so id end up with over spray all over my wheels, and probably waste a lot of product.. a spray or two onto an applicator such as a tire swipe works great for me...

imported_Blake
07-14-2009, 06:46 PM
I use it and love it. I think it should be put on with a sponge type applicator. I put on two thin layers and it dries to touch. It lasts weeks even through washes and rain storms and always looks super black. Of all the dressings I have used (and I`ve used a ton) I like this one the best.

Striker
07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
What do you guys use to apply it? Just spray some on the applicator and not the tire itself? I think I can get some sponge applicators designed for tire dressing locally.

GoudyL
07-14-2009, 10:20 PM
IMHO the way to apply it is to put one spray on the top of the tire, and then use an Eagle 1 tire swipe to spread it around. After the tire swipe is moistened, you can then just spray the BMTMF directly into the swipe.

The BMTMF dries pretty quick, but of course if you apply it, and then drive off 10 seconds later it will sling.

BMTMF is going to last alot longer than any interior protectant-type product will.

However, I am now looking for an alternative to BMTMF because I have decided to boycott shell oil, due to their continiued operations in Iran.

BigAl3
07-15-2009, 02:39 AM
just to add... i always use the leaf blower (on a clean driveway that has been sprayed down) after i apply tire dressing and it helps to aid in drying and also blows out excess tire dressing out of the tread. been doing this for years with great results...

imported_Blake
07-15-2009, 06:48 AM
I use a sponge or a tire swipe and spray the dressing on the swipe then apply it to the tire. I find two light coats of Black Magic (or #40 which I used often before) does the job and covers well.

I know the manufacturers say to spray it on the tire but I find wiping it on works better and wastes less. Also none ends up on the driveway.