PDA

View Full Version : Glazes - RMG vs. Black Hole

dschribs
07-14-2009, 07:39 AM
I`m wondering what the difference would be between ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze and Poorboy`s World Black Hole Show Glaze. I know that Black Hole has some slight cleaners in it but other than that, are there any differences? If I don`t need the cleaning ability of Black Hole, if there any reason to go with it on a red vehicle over RMG? I plan on topping with a carnauba wax.

Thanks!

GS4_Fiend
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I heard PB Black Hole works great on Dark Colored Cars.

longdx
07-14-2009, 01:45 PM
I have Black Hole and have not tried RMG. Black Hole works very well on dark cars and can be used either before wax or after LSP. It is a nice alternative if you are worried about paint thickness and do not want to "over" polish a vehicle.

steelwind101
07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
RMG has masses of cleaning power esp. by machine. Pop the lid and have a smell if you already have it. Also, it will allow a pad to polish if you machine apply it say with a Megs Yellow Polishing Pad.

I would liken Black Hole to say Yellow Moose Wax or Vanillia Moose.

Envious Eric
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
RMG is one of the best glazes I have used...over one grand omega glaze, and DWG

with that said, I love the fact you can use DWG over a sealant and not remove the protection layer!!

SVTsupremecy
07-14-2009, 07:32 PM
I have RMG and Danase Wet glaze...both awesome.

GS4_Fiend
07-28-2009, 11:34 PM
So which has the best filling abilities? PBH, RMG, DWG? So I can go buy it.

steelwind101
07-29-2009, 04:11 AM
The only product in your list that hardly even fills is Black Hole Glaze.

I have wrote extensivly on glazes on this website, just search my name and you can read about them. RMG will give you a totally different to look to other two products.

You might benefit greatly from Yellow Moose Wax (a glaze) if you want that deep, dark wet look with some filling power! Scottwax has used it on red and black i believe too in some his write ups, again there are photos of Yellow Moose in action by me if you run a search for threads by steelwind101.

Geoff

Fallz
07-29-2009, 05:15 AM
The only product in your list that hardly even fills is Black Hole Glaze.

I have wrote extensivly on glazes on this website, just search my name and you can read about them. RMG will give you a totally different to look to other two products.

You might benefit greatly from Yellow Moose Wax (a glaze) if you want that deep, dark wet look with some filling power! Scottwax has used it on red and black i believe too in some his write ups, again there are photos of Yellow Moose in action by me if you run a search for threads by steelwind101.

Geoff

Yellow Moose wax is actually a glaze , I really didn`t know where it fell . I thought it was an lsp by the title .

Since you can put a glaze on fist and use it as a cleaner and use it last on top of the LSP , what exactly does it do ? Do you still use CMW as LSP ??