PDA

View Full Version : UPP vs. Meg`s #20

Pages : [1] 2

MADRCN
11-14-2005, 04:27 PM
I just ordered some UPP last week...couldn`t stand all the talk about it without getting some for myself. I have been using #20 for years with great results. Now that winter is approaching, should I stick with #20 or go with UPP for my winter protection? Thanks for any input.

G35stilez
11-14-2005, 05:59 PM
UPP will last longer and give a more carnauba glow.

#20 will add a little bit of cleaning and make metallic pop more.

joyriide1113
11-14-2005, 07:47 PM
upp. with its new spray formula, looks, application, removal, durabilty is a must. easy as applying quickdetailer.

bump for upp

tubafeak
11-14-2005, 07:57 PM
UPP will hand #20`s gluteus muscles to it. #20 is good but I know you`ll love UPP.

atticdog
11-14-2005, 08:46 PM
how does UPP compare to #21? in looks and durability

magicman411
11-14-2005, 08:52 PM
I tried UPP and I like the way it goes on. The slickness is great, and the shine is nice as well. I like it better than Megs #20. But I tell you another sealant that is nice and you can buy for less is the Auto Magic Paint Sealant. About 17-20$ for a quart. It is not as user friendly as UPP but a little more so than Megs#20. And the shine & slickness is as good as UPP, better I think than the Megs. Don`t get me wrong, you will love the UPP though. Just another idea for you next time out. But back to the main point. Hands down UPP beats #20.

tubafeak
11-15-2005, 07:37 AM
how does UPP compare to #21? in looks and durability
Couldn`t tell you, most of us on here can`t justify getting that much sealant just to try it. It only comes in gallon sizes, a bottle of #20 (the 16 oz) lasts a full year and more when it`s frequently used. I couldn`t bring myself to have that much sealant lying around idle.

MADRCN
11-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the replys. I have so many different bottles laying around that I didn`t know whether or not to just wait to spring time because I just broke into a new bottle of #20 about 2 months ago.

CharlesW
11-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the replys. I have so many different bottles laying around that I didn`t know whether or not to just wait to spring time because I just broke into a new bottle of #20 about 2 months ago.It sound like you are in the same situation as many of us. So many good products to try that it is difficult to decide what to make your "go to" stuff.
If you try UPP, you will probably like it and then the #20 will be another of the good products that you aren`t using. I periodically try to give those type of products to friends so they don`t just stay on the shelf and degrade.
You might as well use the UPP now and give the #20 away to a friend that might use it.

Charles

MADRCN
11-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Good advice Charles. But to be honest with you, all my friends who would actually appreciate a bottle of "good" stuff, already have their own. But I have already made up my mind to try it out.

travisdecpn
11-17-2005, 03:27 PM
If you want to try #21 without getting the half gallon sized container, Rick at Auto Detailing Solutions sells sample sized 12 oz bottles for about 9 bucks. I really like #21, haven`t tried #20 nor do i plan to.

Jngrbrdman
11-17-2005, 04:45 PM
The problem that I had with #20 is that it can stain the paint if you don`t get it buffed off. I had that problem on my white car that I used it on. It`s only hard to see on white because it hazes to a white chalky color. I was just dumb and missed a couple spots and was treated to nice yellow stains for the rest of it`s life. The stains went so deep that they couldn`t be polished out. Other than that it is an excellent winter sealant if you aren`t looking for great looks. I use it for durabilty when looks don`t matter and I don`t want to bust out the SG.

JeffM
11-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Haha, other than it staining your paint its a great product :hang:

Monty_Merlot
11-19-2005, 05:25 PM
UPP will last longer and give a more carnauba glow.

#20 will add a little bit of cleaning and make metallic pop more.
UPP last longer? I don`t think so. I used to use #20 before I switched to Zaino, and #20 lasted 5 to 6 months. I tried UPP a couple of times. If I got a few months out of, it was a lot.

G35stilez
11-19-2005, 06:50 PM
UPP last longer? I don`t think so. I used to use #20 before I switched to Zaino, and #20 lasted 5 to 6 months. I tried UPP a couple of times. If I got a few months out of, it was a lot.

I got around 5 months out of UPP and closer to 3 with #20. Different vehicles and washing regimens, but still, it seemed rather drastic for 2 outdoor vehicles.