PDA

View Full Version : just bought these and have questions please

bc811
07-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Hey guys I just bought mother`s clay bar, sealer and glaze and carnauba wax (in wax form)

1. do i need the pre-wax cleaner from mothers (before sealer and glaze then wax)?

2. Is the sealer and glaze a sealant or not? or it`s not that neccessary?

3. what do u guys suggest for a hand polish product before applying wax? eg. meg`s swirl x, color x?

thanks guys and i appreciate your help

bc811
07-12-2009, 01:55 PM
anyone answer please?

BigAl3
07-12-2009, 02:14 PM
wash

clay

paint cleaner

glaze (optional)

wax or sealant

Legacy
07-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Hand polish= Meg`s Ultimate Compound.

bc811
07-12-2009, 03:25 PM
wash

clay

paint cleaner

glaze (optional)

wax or sealant

yea i know the steps but juz not sure what product to use...thanks man anyway

bc811
07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Hand polish= Meg`s Ultimate Compound.

So have u try to apply that by hand before? how`s the result? good for removing swirl and light scartch?

Legacy
07-12-2009, 03:29 PM
So have u try to apply that by hand before? how`s the result? good for removing swirl and light scartch?Yes,great,yes.

GoudyL
07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey guys I just bought mother`s clay bar, sealer and glaze and carnauba wax (in wax form)

1. do i need the pre-wax cleaner from mothers (before sealer and glaze then wax)?

2. Is the sealer and glaze a sealant or not? or it`s not that neccessary?

3. what do u guys suggest for a hand polish product before applying wax? eg. meg`s swirl x, color x?

thanks guys and i appreciate your help

The mother`s Ultimate Wax System is the complete package.

0. Wash and clay car.

1. Apply Pre-wax cleaner (this will both lightly polish paint and chemically clean it).

Mothers California Gold Pre-Wax Cleaner prepares the vehicle`s paint for wax, glaze, or sealer by cleaning out impurities and smoothing the top layer (http://www.autogeek.net/motcalgolpre.html)

2. Apply Sealant and Glaze (Makes the paint look wet, fills in/visually reduces any defects)

Mothers California Gold Sealer & Glaze comes after Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner but before Mothers California Gold Carnauba Wax. Cleans and smooths auto (http://www.autogeek.net/motcalgolsea.html)

3. Apply the Mother`s NF carnauba over the fully prepped surface.

4. Reapply S&G/NF Carnauba whenever you want more gloss. As these products are non-abrasive you can use them as much as you like.

------

If you feel the paint needs more polishing that the Pre-wax cleaner provides, then something like Meg`s SwirlX/UC or Turtle Wax premium rubbing/polishing compounds (not the stuff in the tubs) will be helpful.

bc811
07-12-2009, 08:18 PM
thanks for replying!

my car is still pretty new but have minor swirls and scartches on it. Also I have the Auto Armor paint protection ( kind of like paint sealant) done to my car when i got it new from the dealer. So is the clay bar and polish gonna remove the Auto Armor thing?

And do i need another sealant to replace the Auto Armor thing?

Thanks again

nrengle
07-12-2009, 09:57 PM
The auto armor stuff is a scam basically. And if you decide to go the sealant route, you can`t use the Sealer Glaze with most of them on the market due to the oils in the product.

Does your car still bead water like fresh wax or sealant is on it, if no beading is occuring, of minimal beading, the auto armor is toast.

Finaltheorem47
07-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Try 303 Aerospace instead of Armor All. It`s a superior product.