PDA

View Full Version : Wool vs. Sheepskin

mgm2003
11-14-2005, 11:46 AM
I`ve been getting minor marring (a TON of it) from my wash process and think most of it is coming from my wash mitt. I currently use synthetic wool mitts, but I`m thinking about switching over to wool/sheep skin.

What type of mitt are you guys using on Black?

Is a sheep skin mitt gentler on the paint? I`ve used one before but gave it away because it didn`t load up soap suds as well as my wool mitts.

I pulled the truck out this past weekend under very bright conditions and was not happy at all with the marring buildup. I just love black paint :)

Brenton
11-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I moved to sheep wool because I find it doesn`t trap as much dirt, but lets it go easier. It is also so soft and fuzzy.

Bill D
11-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Sheepskin mitts and use more of them than you think you need. Switching over to fresh mitts during the washing process altogether always has the upper hand over rinsing out the same one or two mitts intermittently.

GregCavi
11-14-2005, 12:50 PM
I use the sheepskins from autogeek. They are the $15 a peice ones. There spendy but work great. I buy them at least 3 a time becuase It is a way better deal. I have had problems though with them getting holes in them, but Jason at Autogeek has been excellent at replaceing them. I use at the minimum 3 mitts during my washing. I split the car into sections with each mitt. I find synth mitts hold and trap dirt.

Greg

jason(england)
11-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Im using the made made one on some of the nicer cars lately I think they would be a nightmare to use on a realy dirty car esp the lower panels you would need loads .
The jury is out on this one for me will be trying sheep one soon will report back.
Jay :stuart:

G35stilez
11-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I use the sheepskin ones from Wal-Mart/Targey. I usually take them all off the rack and hand pick the softest/deepest pile ones there. If there are a lot of good ones, I usually grab a bunch.

Honestly, the foam gun method really helps a lot with washing. I used to get light marring from just washing too. I switched to a power washer and a foam gun and I really haven`t noticed any increase in the marring. It`s a pretty marr free regimen.

Bill D
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
I use the sheepskin ones from Wal-Mart/Targey. I usually take them all off the rack and hand pick the softest/deepest pile ones there. If there are a lot of good ones, I usually grab a bunch.

Honestly, the foam gun method really helps a lot with washing. I used to get light marring from just washing too. I switched to a power washer and a foam gun and I really haven`t noticed any increase in the marring. It`s a pretty marr free regimen.

:D See, there is a method to the madness ;)