PDA

View Full Version : So, I need some ideas for my carport

CocheseUGA
07-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately, I don`t have a garage. Probably won`t have one at this house, and my shed is up a hill - not the best to drag stuff to and fro. I`m not a pro detailer by any stretch, but I do like making my vehicles look nice. I`d also like to keep a few other things closer to the house, but not in it.

The carport is too narrow to enclose, and I don`t exactly trust the neighborhood. I don`t feel too worried about anything I leave out, but I don`t exactly want to tempt anyone.

The ground is a poured asphalt - I have no idea why the previous owners didn`t use concrete - so it`s not level everywhere. The back of the carport has a chain-link fence and gate leading to the back patio, and it has a fireplace jutting out in the middle.

I`d like to have some storage ability for my dilutions (concentrates would probably be stored in the shed), lawn and pest care, and some cheaper tools I`d like to have handy like flashlights, screwdrivers, etc. When I buy a PC, it won`t be kept there.

I have a few problems, the most pressing is security. How could I secure whatever I do to the property? The side of the house is vinyl siding. I could buy, or build something. Ideas? If anyone is a good PS`er, I can post a picture later of the area I have to work with. I`m leaning towards building something custom, but could sure use some ideas from people in a similar position. Thanks.

BobD
07-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I`d just get a locking cabinet to put your items in.

CocheseUGA
07-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I went and looked at the Depot tonight, and while I found something that would serve a small portion of my needs, I didn`t find what I was looking for.

I think I`ll have to at least build part of it, because I`d like some place to put the kids trikes et al.