PDA

View Full Version : "Frequent" use of optimum poli-seal

efnfast
07-08-2009, 01:09 AM
On a soft black that frequently mars from washing (despite wash technique), would it be too excessive to use a cyclo, white pad, and optimum poli-seal (poli-seal, not opti-seal) every 2months or so to remove the marring that pops up?

On the one hand it`s nowhere near aggressive, but on the other hand, you know what they say - if it`s removing marring/light swirling/etc..., you`re removing clear.

Or would i be better off just polishing it at the beginning of the year, then using a glaze/wax combo like #3/soverign once a month?

Chris@Optimum
07-08-2009, 09:29 AM
PS uses a chemical to clean and the polishing ability is from pressure and pad selection. white pad and light pressure should be fine.

efnfast
07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
When I apply it it`s always with no pressure and a white pad. Yet it always seems to do an excellent job removing minor wash induced marring (on soft paints that marr just by looking at them), that I can`t help get nervous about a `frequent` use of it because, like I said (and learned from here), if it`s working and doing its job (removing imperfections), it`s removing clear, heh.

Danny318
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
PS has slight fillers too.