PDA

View Full Version : NXT vs Natty`s Red

mct601
07-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Well first off I`m new to the site, and somewhat new to waxing.

That being said, I`m out of EVERYTHING except shampoo. Wax, interior cleaners, everything. It`s going to be raining all week, so I`m going to have 4-6 days of no cleaning (unfortunately). I`ve been wanting to try poorboy`s natty`s paste, and need a GOOD sun protectant for my black interiors (Mississippi sun + 110* heat), but I haven`t taken the step from OTC products to Internet orders.

So basically, here`s my dilemma.

I can run to autozone now, pickup some NXT 2.0 and pickup some interior products.

Or I can take advantage of my down time and order what I just placed in my autogeek basket:

-poorboy`s natty`s red paste

-poorboy`s leatherstuff

-aerospace 303

Also, both of our vehicles (`08 Pontiac G8/gray, `08 Escalade/eggshell white) have "Autobutler" protection programs on them. Basically every 6 months we bring the vehicles to the dealership, and they apply some kind of paint sealant, leatherguard, and fabriguard. personally I think it`s mostly a gimmick, but I do notice a difference when we have the sealant reapplied. my question is should this alter my technique or products I use to wash our cars?

Thanks

Derek173
07-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Take the downtime and use the search function. I select "search titles only" and enter the names of products I am interested in. The result will be some amazing information by the very experienced people here. For example you will learn the NXT is a sealant which will last much longer then the Natty product. I can say that the NXT really darkens the paint and will last approx 2-3 months while the the Natty blue will make the car look like its dripping wet. Looks like the car is covered in a clear oil but only last about 3 weeks.

Derek173
07-07-2009, 05:47 PM
I like to apply a sealant like Optimum Opti-seal or FK 1000p for long lasting protection and then top with a wax.

mct601
07-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I access discussion forums during the day on the fly from my iPhone. Unfortunately, when I hit the search feature on my phone it doesn`t work for some reason.

I was also trying to see if anyone is familiar with the Autobutler system and if there was anything I needed to know about applying sealants and waxes with it.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Edit: Also, the reason I`m deciding among "lower end" products is I`m not in a situation to buy a $100+ kit. I just need/want something to tie me over until I can get through August-September (damn school tuition).