PDA

View Full Version : You know you are obsessed...

Krautfed 03
07-07-2009, 03:59 PM
When you get a loaner or rental for a few days, and the first thing you do is clean it!!!

Dropped the G35 off for some work today, and the dealer gave me a loaded QX56 for a loaner.

It was filthy inside and out, so i gave it a quick wash, polished the chrome wheels, QD`d the exterior, and cleaned the crap out of the interior. I felt the interior was necessary, due to some "suspect" short curly hairs and misc. sticky spots on the seats!!! :scared:

Neighbors and Wife think I`m nuts!!

carnut00
07-07-2009, 08:59 PM
When you cringe at the idea of just taking the car in for service....

Rare Three Six
07-07-2009, 09:03 PM
:werd:

i do the same with loaners... got a new base dodge charger for a week when i sent in my passat. ended up cleaning the interior, wheels and washing and waxing it, plus started to buff the hood... it was full of deadbugs when i got it.... i just have a thing about returning what i borrow in the same or better shape than when i first got it. its a good way of trying products/combos out too.

and your right i do cringe at the thought of the mechanics fingering up my paint with their oiled hands....

blucpe
07-08-2009, 09:07 AM
i bet rveryone on here feels the same way, that`s why were here, WE`RE POSSESED, i mean OBSESSED.

Macruz19
07-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Here`s a similar thread a few years back..

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/100424-u-know-s-obsession-when.html

Macruz19
07-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Mine was post #11...It`s automatic to go straight to the car-cleaning section first before anything else...

Accumulator
07-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I`ve done a few service loaners, but only when it`s either something I *really* like (old German cars from EuroCar Service) or it`s something in really awful condition that I`ll be using for a long time.

The black rent-a-Suburban (you can just imagine its condition :rolleyes: ) was a killer, took me a *long* time with the rotary...but I knew I`d have it for over six weeks and I couldn`t stand the way it looked. Heh heh, my doing that thing sure made an impression on members of my Jag Club; they`re still talking about it years later :D

Recently, Stoddard has been giving me economical little Totyotas that`re almost new. Not bad for what they are, and I can go a *long* way on $10 or so compared to my vehicles, but nah...I`m not gonna do anything on those except the glass.

ten39
07-08-2009, 10:03 AM
When you cringe at the idea of just taking the car in for service....

Been there, done that.

Every time.

Many techs seem to be so careless it`s stupifying.

944obscene
07-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I got a rental when the Porsche went in. I cleaned it a little, but basically told myself that I wouldn`t do too much to it because the people that I got it from screwed me over with a tiny little car.