PDA

View Full Version : mercedes felt wheel wells, how tt?

wayne1234
07-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Let me start off by saying this is a hobby to me, I sorta have OCD when it comes to my cars, Well I have been cleaning up our new to us 06 slk350, Clay bar, some slight correction to minor swirls, So light in fact I used Meguires cleaner wax, and a buffer with yellow foam pad. laid down a couple coats of nxt2.0 wax, removed wheels, masked and painted calipers silver, due to staining that would not come off, clay bar wheels, wax wheels, including back of wheels, polished exhaust tips, now when we purchased the car it had your typical big name dealer detail job, which was decent. what ever they used in the wheel wells is amazing, they are the felt type, which I have never delt with before, they were very clean and totally black, and no they havent been painted. when the wheels were off I sprayed tire foam in the wheel well, because there was a distinct arch where thay had sprayed their stuff and where the wheel blocked it, leaving that section visably lighter and "dirty looking... ... to my surprise the tire foam did nothing, so I have this inner "dirty" not black arch. what do you guys use in the wheel wells. I have always used tire foam and had great luck, by the way I dont use tire foam on the tires. Thanks in advance