PDA

View Full Version : Video Camera Suggestions

RUBigDog05
11-12-2005, 10:47 PM
My mom and grandma asked me to put together a X-mas list so they can look into what I want. I`m going on a cruise in March and thought a video camera would be perfect for that, and when I get back into the Mustang scene for car shows and what not. I`ve been looking and playing around with a few but can`t narrow it down. It has to be less than $500, small/lightweight, optical zoom over 20x, GREAT battery life and be able to hook it up to my laptop. It would be also cool to be able to snap decent pics with it. Anyone have any suggestions? I already have a digi camera but its 5 years old and the battery life stinks. Its a 3 megapixel Kodak, pretty decent but the screen is WAY too small and the battery life just isn`t good anymore. I might try to squeeze a new digi camera out of X-mas too but the one I would LOVE to have is $700..one of those 7 megapixel SLR cameras. Oh yeah, just in case you`re wondering, I`m also going to ask for more detailing supplies like SSR2.5, Mothers Powerball and some WW drying MF`s :yes: :punk:

CharlesW
11-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Sounds like Santa will really be loaded down when he comes to your house.:)

I`m not really into the video thing, but I did see an advertisement today for a video camera that had a hard drive rather than using tape. Looked like it might be worth checking out.

Charles

RUBigDog05
11-13-2005, 12:19 AM
Sounds like Santa will really be loaded down when he comes to your house.:)

I`m not really into the video thing, but I did see an advertisement today for a video camera that had a hard drive rather than using tape. Looked like it might be worth checking out.

Charles

Yeah I was at BB and CC looking at the cameras today and saw a couple with the HD. One was $660 and the other was like $700. The cheaper one had a 20 gig hd and the other had a 30 gig hd. I think its a great idea but how much video would a 20gig hd hold? I`m using quite a bit...right?