PDA

View Full Version : Paint Sealants

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AeroCleanse
07-05-2009, 05:05 PM
What is the best paint sealant? Seems that ones I am interested don`t last any longer than the Swissvax I use.

Streetlife
07-05-2009, 05:12 PM
WG deep gloss paint sealant 3.0. Another one i have applied to my acura right now is the nano seal by Surf City Garage, i`ve used Poorboys world Ex it`s good too. But my too favorites are the first two i mentioned at the beginning of this post.:2thumbs:

Legacy
07-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Blackfire Wet Diamond is getting some great reviews.

imported_Blake
07-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Zaino lasts a very long time and has great gloss. Duragloss is another very popular one as are the Acrylic products from Werkstat. Don`t forget Klasse.

AeroCleanse
07-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Zaino lasts a very long time and has great gloss. Duragloss is another very popular one as are the Acrylic products from Werkstat. Don`t forget Klasse.

I was looking at Klasse, but it doesn`t get very good reviews for durability.

imported_Blake
07-05-2009, 06:46 PM
In my experience AIO is not great for durability but when topped with KSG it lasts several months. It`s been a fairly long time since I used the Klasse twins solely but I would expect at least 3 months or possibly more.

AGAuto
07-05-2009, 06:53 PM
I am curious about this too. What paint sealant do you guys use the most and which lasts the longest? Here are a few that I am looking at to get:

1) Poorboy`s World EX Sealant w/ Carnauba

2) Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

3) Optimum Opti-Seal

but I`m open to suggestions of any other sealants that you guys think are good...

Also, is it necessary to use sealant after polish...or can I go straight to wax without any sealant?

Derek173
07-05-2009, 07:01 PM
IF you are looking for a long lasting sealant check out FK1000p.

Finish Kare, Automotive, Marine, Aerospace, Mold Release Agents, Paint Contamination (http://www.fk1usa.com/)

I also like Opti-seal alot, the FK 1000p might last longer but it also has to be applied and buffed off. Opti-seal you just spray and wipe and DONE!

imported_gusbubba
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Also, is it necessary to use sealant after polish...or can I go straight to wax without any sealant?

You can go straight to wax after polish or you can use sealant as a stand alone. The point is to have SOME kind of protection on the vehicle.

The layering of waxes over sealants is more of an aesthetic than a necessity.

MBurnickas
07-05-2009, 07:19 PM
What is the best paint sealant? Seems that ones I am interested don`t last any longer than the Swissvax I use.

Which ones have you tested against Swisswax? Klasse is more durable then wax.

wascallyrabbit
07-05-2009, 07:20 PM
fk 1000p, opti-seal and upgp are what i use for long lasting good looking sealants.

AeroCleanse
07-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Which ones have you tested against Swisswax? Klasse is more durable then wax.

Meg`s M21 2.0. I get 5-6 months out of my Swissvax, I was hoping a sealant would last longer.

AGAuto
07-05-2009, 08:45 PM
You can go straight to wax after polish or you can use sealant as a stand alone. The point is to have SOME kind of protection on the vehicle.

The layering of waxes over sealants is more of an aesthetic than a necessity.

Thanks for the clarification...I just wanted to make sure I wasn`t skipping an important step!

I actually changed my mind and am now looking at buying the Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant. Does anyone have comments about this sealant? I`m just trying to narrow down my choices..

imported_bigfoot
07-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I recommend Danase Paint Sealant. It cures almost instantly and looks great on every color I have tried it

SpoiledMan
07-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Meg`s M21 2.0. I get 5-6 months out of my Swissvax, I was hoping a sealant would last longer.

Where do you keep a car that gets this kind of durability with wax?