PDA

View Full Version : What is your process when you wash two cars?

Egoolps
07-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Do you wash one car followed by the other?

Or do you wash them at the same time? (Top of car 1, top of car 2, hood of car 1,hood of car 2)

And if you DO wash them one car followed by the other, how do you use the same wash mitts and just rinse them after wash # 1? Or do you use a 2nd set for wash #2?

Thats Fresh
07-05-2009, 12:06 PM
for cars at my house, i ususally do all them at the same time. now that is summer and the sun sits high, i dont wash the cars ti after everyone gets home and the sun is well behind my house (530pm Virginia).

my process for BMW 1st-325ci, 2nd-330i, 3rd-Z4. my wash days for my M are different, hehe

i rinse each bucket after each wash. i treat each wash as if they were the only car being washed that day. FULL rinse of buckets/mitts/new drying towels, etc.

takes me about 1.5hr each week or every other week for the three cars.

ALAN81
07-05-2009, 04:30 PM
1 car at a time and when finished change water and start again.

jopa489
07-05-2009, 10:15 PM
1 car at a time and when finished change water and start again.

Yup, this. I prefer to take my time with each before moving on to the next.

Kean
07-06-2009, 09:55 AM
....when it comes to our cars (my wife and I), I do one at a time as well (start to finish and never re-using wash solution, soiled MF`s, etc.). However, I typically will stagger the schedule for each so I`m not doing both the same day. I can usually get 1-2 weeks out of my wife`s car (with ONR & QD`s) as our daily driver and 2-3 weeks out of mine (which sees limited use).

Macruz19
07-06-2009, 11:04 AM
For the 1st car (usually a family member).... I wash, dry, and keep in shaded area.

2nd car I do the same, and I go back to the first one and blot water that I did not get the first time, and do the same for the 2nd one.

The 2nd car is usually mine and I always apply QD to it. HAHA